Tour de France 2021

gummibear

5 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

If there's cross winds all day today, Carapaz and Vingegaard are really gonna miss Luke Rowe and The Panzerwagon

Nah, Declerq will jump on the front just now, and all his shoulders will negate any winds

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

If there's cross winds all day today, Carapaz and Vingegaard are really gonna miss Luke Rowe and The Panzerwagon

De Panzerwagen got his diesel engine shot out in Stage 1. He's been more Volksiewagen lately till he unfortunate exit yesterday. Hope he heals up quickly

7 hours ago, FondTF2 said:

Must admit, the commentators were bloody annoying. Ranting on on how Podjacar had cracked and that Jonas was riding into yellow

the commentators on SS are extremely annoying, the aussie always falling over his words and the other one STILL cant pronounce Pogacar correctly, nevermind the fact that he seemingly cracked etc

Sagan says he banged his knee on his handlebar and hurt it, and thats why he left.

Was this always a thing? It seems knee injuries have become really common among the sprinters?

3 hours ago, TNT1 said:

The proviso being when massive crosswinds influence the GC battle on the flat roads, but today doesn't look like being that.

You just can't trust the French!

1 hour ago, TheoG said:

Just saw Peter Sagan is out of the tour ... ????

My tour dreams of him winning a stage are officially over! ???? what a pity, but his knee said that it won’t take him to Paris! So I guess you have to listen or risk further injury. My ultimate stage finish would of been Cav and Sagan in Paris fighting  it out! That would of been an epic way to end the 2021 edition. 

6 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

Sagan says he banged his knee on his handlebar and hurt it.....

I've actually done that and it hurts like hell! Not sprinting at the Tour de France mind you.

2 minutes ago, Bonus said:

I've actually done that and it hurts like hell! Not sprinting at the Tour de France mind you.

Even walking is painful, never mind 53x 13 for a few hours through the french countryside....????

10 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

Sagan says he banged his knee on his handlebar and hurt it, and thats why he left.

Was this always a thing? It seems knee injuries have become really common among the sprinters?

Clearly a lie. In a clash between Sagan's knee and a pair of handlebars, there is only one winner. He must just be a bit tired. 

And DSTV is on the blink here in CT. Just had 15mm of rain in 60min

Thanks for fibre to the rescue (that was a close call)

15 minutes ago, gemmerbal said:

the commentators on SS are extremely annoying, the aussie always falling over his words and the other one STILL cant pronounce Pogacar correctly, nevermind the fact that he seemingly cracked etc

Agreed. Gerrans (the aussie) just repeats exactly what Ant says when he gets asked a question:

Ant: "Simon, given that this group is 5 minutes ahead and it is raining, will they be able to bridge over from the peleton?"

Gerrans: "Well yes exactly, its raining, and they are 5 minutes ahead, so it remains to be seen if they can bridge over from the peleton"

Edited by dexterdent

12 minutes ago, gemmerbal said:

Agree. Also vey biased towards the Brits / British based teams.

1 minute ago, dexterdent said:

Agreed. Gerrans (the aussie) just repeats exactly what Ant says when he gets asked a question:

Ant: "Simon, given that this group is 5 minutes ahead and it is raining, will they be able to bridge over from the peleton?"

Gerrans: "Well yes exactly, its raining, and they are 5 minutes ahead, so it remains to be seen if they can bridge over from the peleton"

I thought I was the only one annoyed by their double teaming. We really need a Rob Warner + Robbie Hunter commentary combo here

Looking at this break away. Some season breakaway artists in there. JA Could take this one but he's unexpected explosions backwards have surprised us. >edge of the seat stuff<