Tour de France 2021

gummibear

4 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Smoother new tarmac, tailwind en alles:

1D7FCEF6-9719-4FA6-B048-017DFC9FEE14.jpeg

Does this mean Vingegaard would have toyed with the opposition even in the doping era or was the tailwind yesterday super strong?  ????

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

I still think of the year 2000 as the other day so at first I thought - it's impossible to see 10% improvement in that time. But, it's 20 years... Without applying my mind too much is that a reasonable gain? I'm thinking no. Seems pretty incredible 

5 hours ago, Bonus said:

I've actually done that and it hurts like hell! Not sprinting at the Tour de France mind you.

Pinot did it a few years back in the form of his life 

4 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

Tdf is proving so easy for Pog a couple days afterwards he's doing Vuelta too. 

Couple of days... 4 weeks... Yeah, that's the same ;)

On his current form, I would too. 

I am more surprised that Ineos didn't bring Bernal to the TDF, just in-case. 

Well now we will see these two line up in Spain for a showdown. Fresh Bernal with an Ineos train vs Tadej with a full TDF in the legs. He might start tapering in week 3 :)

39 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Couple of days... 4 weeks... Yeah, that's the same ;)

On his current form, I would too. 

I am more surprised that Ineos didn't bring Bernal to the TDF, just in-case. 

Well now we will see these two line up in Spain for a showdown. Fresh Bernal with an Ineos train vs Tadej with a full TDF in the legs. He might start tapering in week 3 :)

I think Ineos will manage Bernal very carefully. Their first prioroty would be to get his back issue fully sorted. He also had Covid and we do not know how it affected him.

If I was Brailsford I would make Yates the Vuelta team leader and reward Martinez by making him the Co- leader ( Co leader as in Co Pilot, therefore not equal to Yates). I will also take Pidcock to gain experience and maybe go for a stage. 

Ineos needs to freshen their team up before next season ... not sure whether they must continue with Geraint when his contract expires at the end of the year. They also need a time trialist to take over from Dennis... apparantly they are chasing his fellow Aussie Luke Plapp. 

4 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Usually there's a headwind on the northside. Yesterday there was barely any wind

8 hours ago, dsw said:

I think Ineos will manage Bernal very carefully. Their first prioroty would be to get his back issue fully sorted. He also had Covid and we do not know how it affected him.

If I was Brailsford I would make Yates the Vuelta team leader and reward Martinez by making him the Co- leader ( Co leader as in Co Pilot, therefore not equal to Yates). I will also take Pidcock to gain experience and maybe go for a stage. 

Ineos needs to freshen their team up before next season ... not sure whether they must continue with Geraint when his contract expires at the end of the year. They also need a time trialist to take over from Dennis... apparantly they are chasing his fellow Aussie Luke Plapp. 

Isn't Pidcock making a play for the Olympic XCO?

They have a fantastic squad, I don't think they need much with regards a squad freshen up.

I don't know why they persisted with Gee. But we have seen a few teams throw some underperforming leaders out into the wild over the last 19 months.

15 hours ago, DIPSLICK said:

2021 POWER WORD FOR TDF

ANIMATED

I'm missing "Suitcases of Courage", "Dropping the Hammer", "All over his machine" and "Excellent bike handling skills"

Is dear old Phil still commentating or has he retired?

Just now, Andymann said:

I'm missing "Suitcases of Courage", "Dropping the Hammer", "All over his machine" and "Excellent bike handling skills"

Is dear old Phil still commentating or has he retired?

Oh and of course Nibali from Team Leaky Gas....

Anyone know what happened between Kwiatkowski and Mas? I saw a video where EM was not happy with MK, grabbing his arm and yanking it. They seemed to have a heated exchange of words.

2 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Anyone know what happened between Kwiatkowski and Mas? I saw a video where EM was not happy with MK, grabbing his arm and yanking it. They seemed to have a heated exchange of words.

that happened on that breakaway stage 7 where Movistar chased Carapaz down after he attacked.

Guess we have to wait for part 3 of the documentary 

12 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Upset that Ineos has started using the patented Movistar race tactics.