Tour de France 2021

gummibear

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

“I’m not going to lie, I think sometimes I’ve been personally picked at, but on the same level I’ve also been a prick,” Cavendish said of his rapport with the press. “But that’s what happens when you’re young, you know. For many years, I think I suffered the consequences of being brash and young, without an education in how to behave with media, I guess. As you get older, and get a family and responsibilities, you learn how to behave.

“Unfortunately, some people didn’t want to let go of what I was like when I was young, even though I had changed. It maybe took time away for me to get that chip off my shoulder and for the press get that chip get off their shoulder. You actually see I’m a grown-up now. I’m 36 years old, I’m not a 20-year-old boy wanting to fight the world

Just watched the sprint again and the way Mørkøv left Ballerini’s wheel because it was too early and forced someone else to take the gap was unreal in that pressured situation. He is such a master. 

Wonder if any journalist is brave enough to try for an interview with Bennett at the moment.

56 minutes ago, Dirt Tracker said:

“I’m not going to lie, I think sometimes I’ve been personally picked at, but on the same level I’ve also been a prick,” Cavendish said of his rapport with the press. “But that’s what happens when you’re young, you know. For many years, I think I suffered the consequences of being brash and young, without an education in how to behave with media, I guess. As you get older, and get a family and responsibilities, you learn how to behave.

“Unfortunately, some people didn’t want to let go of what I was like when I was young, even though I had changed. It maybe took time away for me to get that chip off my shoulder and for the press get that chip get off their shoulder. You actually see I’m a grown-up now. I’m 36 years old, I’m not a 20-year-old boy wanting to fight the world

I’m not going to lie, I know there is huge support and respect for the man I didn’t much like the other Cav as much as the new Grown up version, 

he was a Prik for many years, I suppose so would most be at that age with that level of talent 

big man to admit it, great to see

1 hour ago, DIPSLICK said:

I’m not going to lie, I know there is huge support and respect for the man I didn’t much like the other Cav as much as the new Grown up version, 

he was a Prik for many years, I suppose so would most be at that age with that level of talent 

big man to admit it, great to see

spacer.png

I have to admit I’ve been one of those “cavendish is done and should retire bandwagon”.

Ive been made to eat my words and am genuinely happy for him.Looking at this TDF which has been absolutely brutal there have been a few ex Qhubeka guys that are having great rides.Which begs the question,what the hell is going on in that team.

Just looking at guys like Cavendish,Meintjies and Ben.Good riders before they join Qhubeka.Join team and are absolutely nowhere.All 3 have been having a great tour since leaving Qhubeka.

Is there a problem with management or training at Qhubeka????

1 hour ago, stringbean said:

I have to admit I’ve been one of those “cavendish is done and should retire bandwagon”.

Ive been made to eat my words and am genuinely happy for him.Looking at this TDF which has been absolutely brutal there have been a few ex Qhubeka guys that are having great rides.Which begs the question,what the hell is going on in that team.

Just looking at guys like Cavendish,Meintjies and Ben.Good riders before they join Qhubeka.Join team and are absolutely nowhere.All 3 have been having a great tour since leaving Qhubeka.

Is there a problem with management or training at Qhubeka????

To be fair to Qhubeka they were a bit unlucky with Cavendish. He started of well and win 4 stages in the TdF during 2016 and the team must also take credit for allowing him to combine his road and track program in 2016. It enabled him to win an Olympic silver medal on the track during that year.

During 2017 he bacame ill and from then on things went backwards ( Sagan incident, crashes etc.) 

Ben was not too bad for Qhubeka and won stages in the Tour of Alps (I think) and also in the Giro. He has improved even more since he left them though, like you pointed out.

Meintjes was a total flop at Qhubeka. I have no idea why.

The current Qhubeka team does not have enough quality outside Nizzolo and maybe Campenaers. I have a lot of respect for Doug Rider though, hopefully the new sponsorship deal works out and they can strenghten their team.

Quickstep is a remarkable team with fantastic riders and management. To see a superstar world champion riding himself into the ground for a teammate in this era where we get so many prima donnas is refreshing to see. 

21 minutes ago, kosmonooit said:

Personally I'll be gutted if England win the football tonight now, we will never hear the end of it!

Lol, I am sort of morally obliged to support England even if the Liverpool captain will probably only be on the bench and I cannot stand the Everton goalkeeper. 

1 hour ago, kosmonooit said:

Personally I'll be gutted if England win the football tonight now, we will never hear the end of it!

If England win the football tonight it would be a miracle and master class...… the game is tomorrow. 

31 minutes ago, Gnarly said:

If England win the football tonight it would be a miracle and master class...… the game is tomorrow. 

Taking England's history in international football tournaments into consideration it will be a miracle if they win regardless of when the match is played.  

1 hour ago, Gnarly said:

Just goes to show my knowledge of football! The lead up / hype is all over the front page of my usual news sources.