Tour de France 2021

gummibear

Oh please this downplaying of England’s chances are soooooo 1966, and it’s typical of the English press. Down play your chances, then the win sooo much more special. False sense of achievement. Much like Cav saying “what Merckx record, I’m just riding my bike man” yeah mate, maybe Peta23 from Essex buys that.

They are the favorites.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pffff England shouldn't even be in the final. Denmark scored more goals!

Plus that penalty.... Yeah that much contact wouldn't have knocked over a a feather, balanced on it's tip, in a gale force wind*

*I really don't care about football. Just suffering from the collective societal disappointment being experienced over here.

Just now, Eldron said:

How can there be this many fresh legs after the Tour we've seen so far?

Tough bunch these pro cyclists!

Maybe everyone is equally cooked?

2 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

Maybe everyone is equally cooked?

Judging by the amount of gurning going on at the moment I think you're right!

2 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

80km of relentless attacking. No break seems to stick. 

Cat2 climb coming up, surely, something will split here

Thanks. Just turned on. 

I feel like this tour hasn't followed the "norms" of the tour. French teams haven't put token riders in breaks. Breaks haven't gone early. No one has controlled the pelo. Cav has won all the sprints. Froome has been dropped by Cav on climbs. Ineos have had Movistar tactics. A "sprinter" won on Ventoux. 

Gotta say it's been much more exciting to watch than the usual Sky train on the front of the pelo for 200km

Cav getting dropped..... 

I think he's safe on the time cut today, but tomorrow might be a problem for him if he has to push hard today. Stage 15 dtarts with a small climb where he might get dropped, and then there's a load of climbing to go. Getting Cav outside of time limit would be unpopular tactics, but also the only chance Matthews or Colbrelli have of green. 

I'm surprised that it's only climbers in the break. It's only a cat 2 climb, so I would have expected there to be some bigger classic style riders making the break. 

53 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

Cav getting dropped..... 

I think he's safe on the time cut today, but tomorrow might be a problem for him if he has to push hard today. SNIP

It is a very cautious conservation strategy, keeping Cav' out of the red as much as possible. Getting him to the eclipse the Merckx record and taking the maillot vert home is the ultimate strategy. It is likely that The Manx Missile will be offered an actual contract; I've read somewhere that he, more or less, covered his own costs to join the Wolfpack.

4 hours ago, dsw said:

Meintjes was a total flop at Qhubeka. I have no idea why.

He's managed to get into the break today.

He may just have a Cav-like resurgence.!

4 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

It is a very cautious conservation strategy, keeping Cav' out of the red as much as possible. Getting him to the eclipse the Merckx record and taking the maillot vert home is the ultimate strategy. It is likely that The Manx Missile will be offered an actual contract; I've read somewhere that he, more or less, covered his own costs to join the Wolfpack.

I think I heard somewhere that he has a "bonus only" contract where he doesn't have a salary but gets paid for wins. Maybe thats why he's suddenly performing so well ????