Tour de France 2021

gummibear

If Bernard manages to catch the breakaway it'll be awesome but he'll be badly smashed and likely to pop first. A helluva effort though! Mad props to him for trying!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Mntboy said:

If Bernard manages to catch the breakaway it'll be awesome but he'll be badly smashed and likely to pop first. A helluva effort though! Mad props to him for trying!

He got to 1'20 behind, but has fallen back now.

Not looking good for him.

1 minute ago, Vetplant said:

He got to 1'20 behind, but has fallen back now.

Not looking good for him.

Yeah looks like he's dropping back. Just too much effort to get to the break. His DS seems to have told him to save it for tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Chris_ said:

Team ISN. Here we go. Its Froomes break for greatness.

Israel-Start Up-Nation at the helm

13:44

The Israeli team sets the pace of the peloton along with the Emirati team. Their goal is to get the polka dot jersey with Michael Woods. They need to catch the breakaway to make KOM points available. Time difference at km 60: 8'20''.

Just now, Vetplant said:

Israel-Start Up-Nation at the helm

13:44

The Israeli team sets the pace of the peloton along with the Emirati team. Their goal is to get the polka dot jersey with Michael Woods. They need to catch the breakaway to make KOM points available. Time difference at km 60: 8'20''.

WvA right now:

614956c6869e09dea5ee7c2ba21f13ec.jpeg

Half of the stages contested up to date this year have been won throughout a long lasting solo breakaway. The eight solitarian winners are Matej Mohoric at Le Creusot, Dylan Teuns at Le Grand-Bornand, Ben O’Connor at Tignes, Wout van Aert at Malaucène, Nils Politt at Nîmes, Bauke Mollema at Quillan, Sepp Kuss at Andorra-la-Vella and Patrick Konrad at Saint-Gaudens. It’s quite exceptional in the recent history of the Tour de France. The last time so many long lasting solo breakaways worked out was in 1992.

One more today/Tadej? ;)

19 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

Its Froomes break for greatness.

You're supposed to use sarcasm tags.

KoM allocations for those wondering(taken from the official reglement)

super-category (hors catégorie) passes, climbs or summit finishes: 20-15-12-10-8-6-4-2 points respectively for first 8 riders classified;

category 1 passes, climbs or summit finishes: 10-8-6-4-2-1 points respectively to the first 6 riders classified;

category 2 passes or climbs: 5-3-2-1 pointsrespectively to the first 4 riders classified;

category 3 passes, climbs or summit finishes: 2-1 points respectively to the first 2 riders classified;

category 4 passes or climbs: 1 point to the first rider classified.

Double points shall be awarded at the top of the second ascent of the Mont Ventoux in stage 11 as well as at the finish of stages 17 and 18.

So, for today that means the maximum points available is 10+10+40 = 60

Edited by Vetplant

1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

Steven Kruijswijk quits

13:05

Steven Kruijswijk has called it a race. Jumbo-Visma remains with 4 riders only: Wout van Aert, Sepp Kuss, Mike Teunissen and Jonas Vingegaard.

???? This is not the Tour for TJV. If Vingegaard ends up on the podium it will be a remarkable achievement.

If he makes it to Paris it'll be an achievement. Seems it's a game of "last man standing" at TJV, and he has to beat WVA to win. 

I nearly went through to Saint-Lary to watch todays stage but I would have needed a Covid Test and paperwork, so in the end I just didn't go. 

The climb from Saint-Lary up to the summit on the Col de Portet is about 16km long and not particularly steep - in Tour terms anyway. I've ridden it as part of a social ride just before the Tour went up it last, in 2018. It was fun. The Roadies overtook me on the way up and I roasted them and their skinny tires on the way down!!

20180708-18.jpg

20180708-16.jpg