Tour de France 2021

gummibear

1 minute ago, Eldron said:

Justice is served!

So close Jonas!

Haha. I mean, the only two people ahead of Carapaz overall were the two right with him. Why on earth would or should he contribute? Anyway ja, didn't work. 

Pog remains a cut above. At least he gave us more of a show today. 

I'm already thinking of tomorrow. Could be some tired legs iwaiting to crack in the top 10...

Good ride Jonas. TJV lives on! 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Eldron said:

Yes?

7 minutes ago, Eldron said:

Justice is served!

So close Jonas!

This???? Carapaz only dropped himself with that move. Nice Jonas!

2 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

Haha. I mean, the only two people ahead of Carapaz overall were the two right with him. Why on earth would or should he contribute? Anyway ja, didn't work. 

Pog remains a cut above. At least he gave us more of a show today. 

I'm already thinking of tomorrow. Could be some tired legs iwaiting to crack in the top 10...

Good ride Jonas. TJV lives on! 

Carapaz making time on Uran was putting him into a podium position. Expecting the people ahead of him on GC to drag him onto that podium position is a dick move in my opinion. Earn your podium - don't play possum.

You can call it tactics I guees but you can bet he won't get another free ride.

3 minutes ago, Roul said:

This???? Carapaz only dropped himself with that move. Nice Jonas!

I'm still amazed by how the Danes get to be so good at climbing (and produce so many Pro Tour riders). Vingegaard was born on a tiny island with a population of 500,000 people and is like 70km across. The highest point in Denmark is just over 120m!

I loved the finish. I got the last couple of km. Pity I missed the start of the breakaway. I am loving coming home switching on and catching the last 30min tho.

27 minutes ago, Eldron said:

Carapaz making time on Uran was putting him into a podium position. Expecting the people ahead of him on GC to drag him onto that podium position is a dick move in my opinion. Earn your podium - don't play possum.

You can call it tactics I guees but you can bet he won't get another free ride.

Carapaz can argue that he was only fighting for podium and had to do whatever it takes to gain time on Uran who is the better time triallist of the 2. His best option to achieve it today was to use the power of the 2 stronger riders which he did very well.  

The sneaky looking attack near the end is nothing different then what even amateurs do in fun rides. 

37 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

This kind of sums up Pogs dominance. 

Oh that's all you have? That's cute. ????

IMG_20210714_173108.jpg.c85234235625d44e63c3cc5357fe78cc.jpg

Looks like he's riding with his 7 year old son, just enjoying a Sunday afternoon ride and letting his kid think he's making a big attack

Also: check out Vingegaard's face in the background. The guy looks like he's constantly suffering to the max

Edited by Mountain Bru

2 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

Looks like he's riding with his 7 year old son, just enjoying a Sunday afternoon ride and letting his kid think he's making a big attack

Imagine you are Carapaz who has just put in the hardest effort of his life and then turn around only to see that friendly fresh innocent looking face behind you. If I were him I would probably quit cycling right there and not even complete the stage.

15 minutes ago, dsw said:

Carapaz can argue that he was only fighting for podium and had to do whatever it takes to gain time on Uran who is the better time triallist of the 2. His best option to achieve it today was to use the power of the 2 stronger riders which he did very well.  

The sneaky looking attack near the end is nothing different then what even amateurs do in fun rides. 

That doesn't make sense. If getting time on Uran was his goal he would have made more time by working with Pog and Ving.

His attack 1,500m from the end is in the Grey area between trying to get time on Pog/Ving and winning the stage. I'm happy to downgrade my dick comment to "Carapaz you're a naughty boy" ????

14 minutes ago, Eldron said:

That doesn't make sense. If getting time on Uran was his goal he would have made more time by working with Pog and Ving.

His attack 1,500m from the end is in the Grey area between trying to get time on Pog/Ving and winning the stage. I'm happy to downgrade my dick comment to "Carapaz you're a naughty boy" ????

Not sure if he had what it takes to work with them. He was probably scared he might blow up after taking a turn in front and then get caught by Uran. When he eventually recovered he tried the attack.

Anyway it is all speculation on my part.... The downgrade to "naughty boy" sounds fair to me :) 

It was super exciting too watch them giving it full gas  ( to use their language). 

21 minutes ago, Eldron said:

Uran was long gone. Dead and buried. 1 second, literally, was the next goal for him on GC. 

Anyway, also happy with downgrade ????. I think I would normally disapprove of such behavior so probably a good compromise. 

Interesting in the interview Pog said they (him and Vin) knew he was bluffing. Maybe that was just bravado after the fact, but ja shem, lose lose for old Carapaz in the end. 

6 minutes ago, dsw said:

Not sure if he had what it takes to work with them. He was probably scared he might blow up after taking a turn in front and then get caught by Uran. When he eventually recovered he tried the attack.

Anyway it is all speculation on my part.... The downgrade to "naughty boy" sounds fair to me :) 

It was super exciting too watch them giving it full gas  ( to use their language). 

Speculation and opinion is all we have ????

This whole Tour has been amazing. I'm loving it. It is also cool having an adopted Danish hero to support. Having a resurgent Maincheese to support is also cool.

4 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

Uran was long gone. Dead and buried. 1 second, literally, was the next goal for him on GC. 

Anyway, also happy with downgrade ????. I think I would normally disapprove of such behavior so probably a good compromise. 

Interesting in the interview Pog said they (him and Vin) knew he was bluffing. Maybe that was just bravado after the fact, but ja shem, lose lose for old Carapaz in the end. 

Tough decision trying to get enough time on Uran for the TT but save enough energy to attack Vingegaard second place...desperation certainly makes for flexible morals!