Tour de France 2021

gummibear

4 minutes ago, Eldron said:

Tough decision trying to get enough time on Uran for the TT but save enough energy to attack Vingegaard second place...desperation certainly makes for flexible morals!

That's true, apart from the bike pron I haven't thought about how the TT will shake up the list. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Chris_ said:

Or is he bluffing, with all that grimace? 

I don't think so, but it would be a cool move

You called it 

3 hours ago, Chris_ said:

Considering his profession, how can Vingegaard still be so pale?! 

He shares a name and very pale complexion with another Danish cyclist who unfortunately landed up on the naughty list.....

Michael was also pale as a ghost. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the 4 valiant fighters for the Polkadots might lose out to Tadej or Jonas if either of these two wins on top of the Summit Finish tomorrow(40pts to the winner on the line). 

They need to hope and pray that a breakaway wins tomorrow to have any chance. 

IMG_20210714_220253.jpg

With the highly capable Roglič crashed out and 4 riders left with a handful of stages left, it’s a remarkable result thus far for Jumbo-Visma with two mountain  stage wins and 2nd on GC.

Awww, really wanted Mick to hold on today. Maybe it was just ‘one bad day with blocked legs’. Maybe a better few days ahead? Here’s hoping.

After Pogačar’s stunner of a display after his ‘hiding in plain sight’ 2020 Tour victory and the dominance thus far in 2021, rival will be perplexed as to how to challenge the maillot jaune in future editions. 

Gotta love this pic by @prixantargaz of the combative Anthony Perez trying to bring glory to the desperate Cofidis team.

21E57373-80A8-4E33-A191-C86DAE17399F.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the 4 valiant fighters for the Polkadots might lose out to Tadej or Jonas if either of these two wins on top of the Summit Finish tomorrow(40pts to the winner on the line). 

They need to hope and pray that a breakaway wins tomorrow to have any chance. 

IMG_20210714_220253.jpg

Gonna call it now... Pogacar wins Yellow, White and Polka dots this year, just like last year....

If he really tries tomorrow, he might be able to OTL half of the field and win Green too. 

25 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Reporter says to Wout he still has three chances for another W.

Wout looks at him funny, like, "you sure of your math?". 

"Friday, Saturday, Sunday.....But surely, tomorrow is not for you"

Wout: ????‍♂️

https://www.instagram.com/stories/woutvanaert/2617834842771902324/

PS. Very rough interpretation, filling in the gaps myself.

2021-07-15 07_22_29-Window.png

Its Tourmalet day!

Okes are going to be gagging for the breakaway today. Anyone with a fraction of energy left must just send it. What a stage.

I 'm quietly hoping we get a little 5-minute-Landis moment in the GC (well, not exactly... but you know what I mean)

32 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

Its Tourmalet day!

I'm going to watch today and cry into my tea. Last year my better half and I had tickets and accommodation booked for Argeles Gazost. The plan was to ride Tourmalet, Hautacam and Luz Ardiden amongst others. Not on the same day of course.

17 hours ago, Chris_ said:

Considering his profession, how can Vingegaard still be so pale?! 

If you had to pack that many fish in one lifetime you'd be pale just remembering the stench too.....????

16 hours ago, dsw said:

Carapaz can argue that he was only fighting for podium and had to do whatever it takes to gain time on Uran who is the better time triallist of the 2. His best option to achieve it today was to use the power of the 2 stronger riders which he did very well.  

The sneaky looking attack near the end is nothing different then what even amateurs do in fun rides

I want to "Like" and "LOL" this post. Flippen true story. Those blokes that turn up at the front with 500m to go after playing seet-o-seet (Seek-o-seek with a Cape Flats spin) all day