Tour de France 2021

gummibear

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The end of an era as The Gorilla rolls into the sunset. Wow, what a gentleman and class act of an athlete. Wondering what the future holds for Froome Dawg.

The Belgian jersey wins a TT, a high mountain stage and the sexy sprint finalé in Paris. Always breathtaking that final km.

The maillot jaune stands head and shoulders above the rest. Wow, the team debriefings at Ineos, Jumbo' and other hopefuls will be tough going as they hope to break the code that's the capabilities of the young Slovenian. Vingegaard will be a bit of balm to the wounds of the team on Cervélos, as well as 4 stage wins, including Wout's 3.

And, The Manx Missile wears the maillot vert, with a handful of wins - back to the future! Will he return to 2022 - for the record, yes, sure.

Au revoir, what a bruising and dramatic 2021 edition!

Pic Getty Images Sportspacer.png

6 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Woutkop jou Wenner! 

Brilliant sprint. He owes Phillipsen a beer for blocking Cav in. ;)

in all fairness, Cav got himself blocked in. I could see that coming from 400m out already. He seemed indecisive about where he wanted to be, then chose the wrong side of Wout because that door was going to close, yet Wout kept it beyond fair.

Superb TdF, one for the collection even if yellow hasn't ben in doubt since stage 9

6 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Woutkop jou Wenner! 

Brilliant sprint. He owes Phillipsen a beer for blocking Cav in. ;)

The moment Cav left Markova wheel I said to my wife “that could cost him”.

To be fair I did lose sight of what may have led up to him doing so, but losing the guidance of that man…..

I am really excited about the talent that Tadej displayed at such a young age. Not the type of rider that hides behind his team. He leads by example and never looked out of sorts when he was not surrounded by team mates.

8 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

The end of an era as The Gorilla rolls into the sunset. Wow, what a gentleman and class act of an athlete. Wondering what the future holds for Froome Dawg.

The Belgian jersey wins a TT, a high mountain stage and the sexy sprint finalé in Paris. Always breathtaking that final km.

The maillot jaune stands head and shoulders above the rest. Wow, the team debriefings at Ineos, Jumbo' and other hopefuls will be tough going as they hope to break the code that's the capabilities of the young Slovenian. Vingegaard will be a bit of balm to the wounds of the team on Cervélos, as well as 4 stage wins, including Wout's 3.

And, The Manx Missile wears the maillot vert, with a handful of wins - back to the future! Will he return to 2022 - for the record, yes, sure.

Au revoir, what a bruising and dramatic 2021 edition!

Pic Getty Images Sportspacer.png

What a phenomenal rider he has been on the biggest stage for his various teams. He has been fun to watch and his rivalry with Cav was something else during his best years. The Gorilla will be missed!

3 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Careful what you wish for Eddy.. Wout is racking up those TDF wins... 

You never know, he might get to 35 eventually... 

IMG_20210718_202639.jpg

IMG_20210718_202704.jpg

Haha.. good one.... 

In a way it is good that the record is shared, both Mark and Eddie are/were great cyclists in a totally different way.

Wout has a long way to go to get to the record but he is without doubt the most complete cyclist in the world today (sorry to  Julian and Mathieu). 

A phenomenal athlete, really. 

5 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

I find this difficult to believe..... 'Modern technology' on a tripple crankset? pffffft

Indeed. I not sure if they have posted any pics of the actual device found in the CX bike. I just posted it as I wouldn't mind a system like that for on the trails. Also posted the link for reference

I must say. I enjoyed this years tour. Even though I missed most of the stages, I manage to catch the last 30 to 40 min when I get home. The discussions on here were great for updates as well. THANKS guys

27 minutes ago, dsw said:

Wout has a long way to go to get to the record but he is without doubt the most complete cyclist in the world today (sorry to  Julian and Mathieu). 

Had a long post, but it's Off-topic. 

In short, I'll be very happy to see Wout on the top step at the Olympics. TT is doable, but road race will be killer-hard due to the "vert" and the Slovenian duo. 

17 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Had a long post, but it's Off-topic. 

In short, I'll be very happy to see Wout on the top step at the Olympics. TT is doable, but road race will be killer-hard due to the "vert" and the Slovenian duo. 

he'd have to pull off a Ven'trio over those monsters!

1 hour ago, dsw said:

Haha.. good one.... 

In a way it is good that the record is shared, both Mark and Eddie are/were great cyclists in a totally different way.

Cough cough mountain biking cough cough.

WvA can certainly ride a bike well but with that glaring mtb omission in his plamares he is well behind MvdP on the most complete cyclist scale.