Tour de France 2021

gummibear

2 minutes ago, dsw said:

On the Movistar issue it seems as if they ride against him since he left them... If I recall correctly they happily pulled Roglic along last year at the Vuelta when Carapaz attacked.. and also even during this Tour .. for example the half hearted "attacks" by Mas during the last mountain stage that was just enough to keep the pace up and stop further attacks on Vingegaard.  Perhaps it is just racing but it could be that they are gunning for him

Listening to The Move, Hincapie keeps going on about having friends in the peloton. Might be there's some wisdom in that.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, TNT1 said:

Listening to The Move, Hincapie keeps going on about having friends in the peloton. Might be there's some wisdom in that.

You must either have friends or ensure that you enemies are too shet scared of you to even open their mouths. Lance was a master in that regard. 

1 minute ago, dsw said:

You must either have friends or ensure that you enemies are too shet scared of you to even open their mouths. Lance was a master in that regard. 

Yeah, it can make you harder if you're already a killer, or it will make you crumble. Carapaz is no Lance.

9 minutes ago, dsw said:

On the Movistar issue it seems as if they ride against him since he left them...

Anyone with some dirt as to why there is some animosity there? 

Riders leave squads all the time. He must have broken their hearts with a promise of riding into the sunset, or snitched about something very sacred in the squad? 

5 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Anyone with some dirt as to why there is some animosity there? 

Riders leave squads all the time. He must have broken their hearts with a promise of riding into the sunset, or snitched about something very sacred in the squad? 

After he won the Giro with Movistar, he signed with Ineos, after having done that (and it was still secret) he repeatedly told Movistar he would re-sign with them and he was going to stay with them. They reportedly built a team around that commitment.

Edited by TNT1

6 minutes ago, bertusras said:

When last dit Ineos/Sky not win a stage in the Tour?

2017, but they did win the teams and overall GC.

Edited by TNT1

6 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

2017, but they did win the teams and overall GC.

Thomas won the ITT.

1 minute ago, bertusras said:

Thomas won the ITT.

Right you are. Is this the first time they come away winless then?

1 hour ago, TNT1 said:

After he won the Giro with Movistar, he signed with Ineos, after having done that (and it was still secret) he repeatedly told Movistar he would re-sign with them and he was going to stay with them. They reportedly built a team around that commitment.

Two sides and both have a vested interest in spinning it their way. 

I can't blame any rider for leaving Movistar. He should be applauded but his acting skills..... the only thing missing from the highlights package of Carapaz faking it is the 70's jazz music

58 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

..... the only thing missing from the highlights package of Carapaz faking it is the 70's jazz music

????

7 hours ago, TNT1 said:

What? Like he was the only person able to put Pogacar in trouble in the mountains, and he was faster than him in the final TT?

I don't think you watched the same race as everyone else.

It might have been a bit of a hot take to look down on Vingegaard's performance. I just couldn't get over the fact that everyone is hyping him up so much when he finished 5:20 down on Pogacar. Thats a massive margin, and it probably could have been bigger if Pogacar hadn't defended as much in week 3, and had been trying to gain time, not just win stages. But having thought a bit more, and had a look where Vingegaard actually lost that time, his performance is waaaay more impressive to me. I stand corrected.

But you can't deny that the way a race is ridden is heavily dependent on the time gaps and positions on GC. Comparing him to Pog isn't really a fair comparison in my opinion considering the time gaps between them when Roglic fell out. It'll be super interesting to see how he fairs when he doesn't start with a 5 minute handicap and when Pog or Bernal or whoever is actually racing to beat him everyday rather than just defending a huge lead. 

4 hours ago, TheoG said:

I totally liked the fact that they had their kids on stage.  Its an experience of a lifetime, why not share it with the ones closest to you!

Why can't they take their wives with them on stage too in that case?