31 October Group Ride (113km - PTA-Harties-PTA)

T_Boss

We are doing a group ride from PTA to Harties and back on Saturday.

There is a link to download the route file at the end of the post.

There is no charge for this ride - but bring some money or a card for coffee at Jasmyn

We will be departing at 05:45am from the Parking lot of the Waverley Plaza Shopping Centre, from the area in front of th Postnet. If is safe to leave your car here for the day. 

The ride circular route is 113km, and we will head out through Pretoria west, on gravel most of the way, skirting the southern slope of the Magaliesberg. We will then go past the Harties Cableway, and ride on through town, towards Jasmyn, where we will stop for a coffee/snack (for your own account)

We will then cross over the old train bridge into broederstoom, along some more farm tracks, and then make our way back towards Hartebeespoort, going back towards the cable car, and then returning along the same gravel road at the foot of the Magaliesberg.

Pace will be between 20-22km/h. It is a relatively flat route most of the way. 

We will provide a backup vehicle, as well as water refills along the way. You are welcome to provide your own snacks etc that can be carried along in the backup car.

the route is split about 50/50 between gravel and tar, and is suitable to MTBs and Gravel Bikes

If you plan to join us on Saturday, please whatsapp me on 0632202895 or email taun@adventurelogistics.co.za, just so we have an idea of numbers for the day, and that we dont leave you behind at the start.

To download the route file click here: https://adventurelogistics.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/2020-10-27_277372927_Mountain-bike-ride-to-Harties-Cableway-Sat-31.zip

Its a "relatively" flat route, with only 800m of climbing over the entire 113km distance. Most of it is in the middle of the ride, as we go over to Broederstroom, and then make our way back to through Harties to the the Magaliesberg slopes. I have attached a route map and profile.

Please remember to just let me know if you plan to join us, so we know to expect you on the morning. 

post-46652-0-14434500-1603988418_thumb.jpg

Super fun ride out yesterday, and well done to all the riders. Some finished in just over 4 hours, others took a little bit longer, but everyone put in a good ride, and finishing into that headwind yesterday was rough.

a few pictures added.

if anyone wants the route file for themselves to do this ride, you can download it here

post-46652-0-20069900-1604215310_thumb.jpg

post-46652-0-68158500-1604215349_thumb.jpegpost-46652-0-12060300-1604215370_thumb.jpegpost-46652-0-06586900-1604215390_thumb.jpegpost-46652-0-21062700-1604215409_thumb.jpegpost-46652-0-70135900-1604215429_thumb.jpeg

You okes look way too strong and fit.

Looks like a lekker outing.

Nothing too hectic. With a 30min coffee stop on route, the fastest okes did it in just over 5 hours, the slowest in just over 6.

There was support all along the route, making sure everyone had enough water, a few salty snacks, some delicious peanut brittle and so forth.

We didn’t really need it this time, but we could have loaded up riders that really couldn’t make the distance if needs be.

Sometimes it’s good to push your boundaries just a little.

It was pretty hot, but everyone rode it like champions!

We will do a +-80km ride this coming Saturday around roodeplaat dam and the canal system. Details will be posted tomorrow if anyone wants to join