Claimed from Road Accident Fund?

Kate1

33 minutes ago, MORNE said:

on a slightly different but similar note (how broken this place is)...my wife has been fighting the UIF system for more than a year now to receive maternity UIF money that is due to her. And it's a sizeable amount...They just keep on moving the goalpost every time. and its not even that complicated...she has worked for the same employer for 12years and paid uif every single month....just to not get it when we needed it most (during maternity leave in lockdown last year) I wish there were lawyers willing to have a go at UIF as readily as RAF

we used a UIF middleman for maternity leave. basically a mom who got frustrated with the process and then realised it wasn't much more hassle to do it for multiple parties once she had the system sorted. the fee was really low (something like R400, but don't quote me on that). might be too far down the road in your case but i've referred plenty of people in the past

My in-laws were involved in a vehicle accident in July 2011 (coming up on 10 years next week) which cost my mother-in-law her life. (not their fault). My father-in-law got paid out by RAF earlier this year. He had to fly up Joburg multiple times to meet with doctors and lawyers etc. etc. and after many years it got settled out of court.

I read an article a month or three ago about the RAF freezing all new claims after making an application to some court to basically put them under a kind of business rescue. I am not sure how that has progressed nor how successful it has been but I'm pretty sure any new claims are going to take even longer now.

6 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

we used a UIF middleman for maternity leave. basically a mom who got frustrated with the process and then realised it wasn't much more hassle to do it for multiple parties once she had the system sorted. the fee was really low (something like R400, but don't quote me on that). might be too far down the road in your case but i've referred plenty of people in the past

it's not that simple in our case anymore. we also used someone initially. UIF system after covid is a mess. Nobody has answers. They are asking for something new every single time. Hell the last time they asked for pay slips from 12 years ago hahaha. I mean...not even the company has those anymore. It all feels like delay tactics.

anyway, wrong thread for this. sorry op

Edited by MORNE

On 7/2/2021 at 7:33 AM, MORNE said:

on a slightly different but similar note (how broken this place is)...my wife has been fighting the UIF system for more than a year now to receive maternity UIF money that is due to her. And it's a sizeable amount...They just keep on moving the goalpost every time. and its not even that complicated...she has worked for the same employer for 12years and paid uif every single month....just to not get it when we needed it most (during maternity leave in lockdown last year) I wish there were lawyers willing to have a go at UIF as readily as RAF

Been down this road, after 8 months we received our money. 
Please PM me will give you an email from lady at UIF that assisted.

On 7/2/2021 at 8:20 AM, MORNE said:

it's not that simple in our case anymore. we also used someone initially. UIF system after covid is a mess. Nobody has answers. They are asking for something new every single time. Hell the last time they asked for pay slips from 12 years ago hahaha. I mean...not even the company has those anymore. It all feels like delay tactics.

anyway, wrong thread for this. sorry op

There is a solution, salary schedule for last for yours, the exact nr of documents  not sure but pm me, will send you the list and documents.