Attempted bike-jacking this morning, SMITSWINKEL...

Zebra

Hi - further details to follow, but my mate Brett managed to evade an attempted Bike Jacking EARLIER TODAY, uphill section approaching Simtswinkel corner, that gravel parking lot, I would guess 200m - 300m before that parking lot, bugger hiding in the bushes...more detail to follow as I get it.

(interesting, Brett is a friend of Andrew who got bike jacked TWICE... both avoid Ocean View Corner, and now getting (attempted) bike jacking near Smitswinkel - where will it all end?)

Cheers

Chris

post-1199-0-93807700-1604573544_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zebra

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn!   I went to Millers Point this morning with the Mrs and we stopped to chat about going to the Cape Point gate or not.  Glad we decided not to...

What time did the incident occur?  

ok, perpetrator was hiding in bushes on LEFT side of road (sea side), waiting for cyclist(s) slowly making their way UP
Smitswinkel, literally jumped out of the bushes (so hidden until cyclist nearly upon him), cyclist got a PROPER skrik and screamed blue-bloody murder; seems perp reconsidered his options for a split second, and in that time, cyclist escaped. Brett explained there was not a path for somebody to walk up from the sea-side, he was literally hiding IN the bushes, and looked wild-eyed, and menacing.
Cheers
Chris

Edited by Zebra

Damn!   I went to Millers Point this morning with the Mrs and we stopped to chat about going to the Cape Point gate or not.  Glad we decided not to...

What time did the incident occur?

I believe 08H45, or thereabouts, he was on his way to Cape Point Reserve; his g/freind was meeting him inside the reserve, for a chilled cycle together, etc. Edited by Zebra

Damn this is scary, all the incidents happening these days. If someone jacks you there, where will they escape to though? Its far to Ocean View and far to Simon's Town

Damn this is scary, all the incidents happening these days. If someone jacks you there, where will they escape to though? Its far to Ocean View and far to Simon's Town

10 - 20mins either way on a bike and without too much concern for confrontation given the limited traffic that time on a weekday morning.

There's also the Red Hill settlement.

Thinking about breeding a new type of super ‘trail’ dog. It would be able to jog along happily for at least a 100km ride, be the size of a small car and be trained to ‘dispose’ of anything that attempts to approach you on your bicycle. Basically a hyena...but just more scary.

Any interest?.....

Thinking about breeding a new type of super ‘trail’ dog. It would be able to jog along happily for at least a 100km ride, be the size of a small car and be trained to ‘dispose’ of anything that attempts to approach you on your bicycle. Basically a hyena...but just more scary.

Any interest?.....

Think we need to sponsor some Etzebeths with bikes ...

10 - 20mins either way on a bike and without too much concern for confrontation given the limited traffic that time on a weekday morning.

There's also the Red Hill settlement.

I don't think its such a simple escape route. If you flagged down a car you would easily catch the guy going to redhill on his own steam. Simknstown you'd need to be quicker but a phone call to the cops or a friend and he could be blocked