Attempted bike-jacking this morning, SMITSWINKEL...

Zebra

Am I the only one thinking if a perp notices that escourt vehicles come with a group of cyclist that at some point in time they (the perps) think ... great they brought a van for us to load more bikes in.

Pretty crap situation. Wishing you guys all the best to deal with this.

Crime in SA is bad, but thankfully not _THAT_ bad :whistling: . If your looking at that kind of planning then rather look at a higher value target - tourist bus, etc, etc. I don't believe this will be an ongoing or escalating issue ... 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sure ocean view has got that element of dodge as it has for a while, but I don't see this area as a hotspot yet and rather some recent ou of the ordinary incidents.

You may not see it as a hotspot yet but reality says it is.

Had a puncture there a while ago and a Kommetjie local in a car pulled up next to me and waited till I had repaired the leak. Tells you something.

You may not see it as a hotspot yet but reality says it is.

Had a puncture there a while ago and a Kommetjie local in a car pulled up next to me and waited till I had repaired the leak. Tells you something.

sorry to be more specific i was referring to smitswinkel from the thread title as a hotspot.

I keep some gas in the tank for the areas surrounding OV!

sorry to be more specific i was referring to smitswinkel from the thread title as a hotspot.

I keep some gas in the tank for the areas surrounding OV!

Ok

But a couple of years ago (and not too long ago) we had some attempted jackings along the stretch from Miller's Point to Smitswinkel and two successful jackings. (Seems after a while we forget about them)

Don’t leave home without my Glock, best friend I’ve ever had.

Ya ...

Edited by porqui

Why should we need to ride with support vehicles along that stretch. Isn't that what the police should be doing? Isn't that why I pay my f***ing taxes?

Absolutely. But as is, police dont do patrols any longer, unless they doing personal business. I work in a shop, and I always ask them shouldnt they be out there when on duty. I always get the lunch excuse no matter what time of day.

Why should we need to ride with support vehicles along that stretch. Isn't that what the police should be doing? Isn't that why I pay my f***ing taxes?

We have had a problem with neighbours the last 2 Saturdays with music from a total different culture being listened way louder than normal. I manage a holiday resort so the first Saturday I called the cops who are about a km from our place, they said that according to municipal bylaws, noise pollution is a problem for the municipal law enforcement. I was totally dumbstruck, started phoning 20h55, made my last call at 02h30, that after the cops and law enforcement was at my place and the house of the culprits several times. The music stopped at around 04h00.

They just don't give a [emoji90] anymore. I told my father in law today that it seems to me as if law obedience has totally flown out the window in SA in the last month. With the murder rates, hijackings etc the last month or so.

We have had a problem with neighbours the last 2 Saturdays with music from a total different culture being listened way louder than normal. I manage a holiday resort so the first Saturday I called the cops who are about a km from our place, they said that according to municipal bylaws, noise pollution is a problem for the municipal law enforcement. I was totally dumbstruck, started phoning 20h55, made my last call at 02h30, that after the cops and law enforcement was at my place and the house of the culprits several times. The music stopped at around 04h00.

They just don't give a [emoji90] anymore. I told my father in law today that it seems to me as if law obedience has totally flown out the window in SA in the last month. With the murder rates, hijackings etc the last month or so.

Get a lawyer to send them a letter and go down to the metro police and speak to them personally

A law less country. Highest crime in the world. How can investor invest money when there staff and goods are at risk. Until the geniuses at the top understand this we will parallel Zim. I see no light just a dark tunnel. Sorry facts are facts.

Next time they party, through a stink bomb (smells like the worst kind of frot eggs) or two over the fence.  They will break up the party very quickly ...  :D  

Had a similar thing happen not too long ago with a neighbor running a metal workshop in his backyard. Nice waking up or going to sleep with angle grinders and welding as the backtrack. There is a difference in how ‘noise pollution’ and ‘noise nuisance’ is defined by the municipality and that also determines who handles it.

https://www.privateproperty.co.za/advice/property/articles/noisy-nuisance-neighbours-know-your-rights/3273?gclid=CjwKCAiAqJn9BRB0EiwAJ1SztXG9-yqEd6569onR1CBkfdIYPShupCrPtHWhN4UtjBIRzE8kkQdG-BoCmmUQAvD_BwE

This helped me find the right avenue in the end...and also reporting it via the WC website gets a quick response every time. You can even upload evidence. They send the cops out to sort them. My neighbor does not run a metal workshop out of his back yard anymore....

Edit:

https://eservices1.capetown.gov.za/coct/wapl/zsreq_app/index.html

See how ‘noise pollution’ is listed under ‘city health’ and how ‘noise nuisance’ is listed under ‘law enforcement’.

Edited by morneS555

Yep, also make use of the municipalities twitter account. They are quick to respond when you post on their page