MalDevs

I'm scheduled to fly from O.R. Thambo to Cape Town with Flysafair. I'm planning on taking my Mountain Bike with me. Sporting equipment is included in my ticket.
According to the Flysafair guidelines the maximum dimensions for sporting equipment is: 190 x 75 x 65 cm.
I have two options to transport my bike, 
  • A Bike Safe, that is: 120 x 90 x 32 cm.
  • An Evoc bike bag that is:  147 x 85 x 36 cm.
Will they refuse to check in my bike if it is in one of those containers?
Does anyone have any experience transporting a bike with Flysafair that can give me some insight or piece of mind?

I have flown with SaFair multiple times with a bike in a retail cardboard bike box, and have never been refused check in.

I'm scheduled to fly from O.R. Thambo to Cape Town with Flysafair. I'm planning on taking my Mountain Bike with me. Sporting equipment is included in my ticket.

According to the Flysafair guidelines the maximum dimensions for sporting equipment is: 190 x 75 x 65 cm.

I have two options to transport my bike, 

• A Bike Safe, that is: 120 x 90 x 32 cm.
  • An Evoc bike bag that is:  147 x 85 x 36 cm.
Will they refuse to check in my bike if it is in one of those containers?
Does anyone have any experience transporting a bike with Flysafair that can give me some insight or piece of mind?

I have flown with them a few times with my bikend jetpack bag (130 x 25 x 80 cm per the website) and I haven't had any issues although looking at the specs you provided mine is just about within all of those.

edited to add: they've weighed the bag everytime but no-one has ever brought out a measuring tape. I reckon you'll be fine

Edited by travisza