Beware Marg & Barend Kian

DR ◣◢

what is a payment request. Can't he just pay it to you?

That does make me wonder. I've never received money through paypal before so I have no idea how that even works.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can pay someone directly with PayPal, or a payment request can be sent.  Think of it as an invoice being sent out which can be paid directly. 

That part of it doesn't necessarily mean that its a scam.   The rest of it though...  

thanks, makes sense

agreed, the rest is a scam. 

I don't think there is any harm is sending the payment request is there.

Standard bank and FNB also have the option of payment requests. I use it with some of my customers when they place big orders, just makes things easier and secure.

I stopped the baiting at this point. Going to ignore him from here on as he is now requesting that I send a payment request etc. I really don't feel like opening a fake PayPal account. Time is against me. 

Be careful out there.

Don't ever release anything until you've can confirm that the money is yours. 

If it seems too good to be true then it normally is. 

Hi. I am very interested in your camera. Its for my nephew. I am on an oil rig in the North Sea. Please send banking details.

This sounds like an urgent buyer.

You can pay someone directly with PayPal, or a payment request can be sent.  Think of it as an invoice being sent out which can be paid directly. 

That part of it doesn't necessarily mean that its a scam.   The rest of it though...  

Maybe something to do with PayPal terms about when a payment can be cancelled or reversed.

I had a smiliar if not exact exp. Also husband and wife story and the paypal requests. Exactly the same lines as u posted above. I asked a few questions as to what camera they were going to use the camera lenses on....as they didn't even ask about condition or reason for sale. Just wanted to buy it. H even wanted me to send it via PnP aramex bag.... i just ignored him. The supplied address also showed some creepy place in GP. The best part is " i wont be accepting the parcel myself, my doorman will be" :whistling: scammers on FB marketplace.

I had a smiliar if not exact exp. Also husband and wife story and the paypal requests. Exactly the same lines as u posted above. I asked a few questions as to what camera they were going to use the camera lenses on....as they didn't even ask about condition or reason for sale. Just wanted to buy it. H even wanted me to send it via PnP aramex bag.... i just ignored him. The supplied address also showed some creepy place in GP. The best part is " i wont be accepting the parcel myself, my doorman will be" :whistling: scammers on FB marketplace.

Any chance the address was in Kempton Park?

So do we know if this is a 7D Mk1 or Mk2 ?

Shutter count ?

Any lenses as part of the sale ?

Mark 1 with original Canon grip and batteries. Lenses include a 50mm and 17-85mm. 16 and 32 gig CF cards.

I need to confirm the shutter count but based on the condition of the body i don’t see it being more than 15 to 20k

Mark 1 with original Canon grip and batteries. Lenses include a 50mm and 17-85mm. 16 and 32 gig CF cards.

I need to confirm the shutter count but based on the condition of the body i don’t see it being more than 15 to 20k

VERY good deal ....

The 50mm is a very handy lens, in the right conditions, though the other lens obviously sees more use.

Some schools have photography as a subject ... excellent package.

In fact, in the hands of a decent photographer this is very good body.

Any chance the address was in Kempton Park?

29 maxwell street. kempton Park, i think. thats what i searched on google maps.

Edited by Cappi

29 maxwell street. kempton Park, i think. thats what i searched on google maps.

He only said Kempton Park. I'm convinced it's the same guy. 

I did ask for the address. He stopped replying.