Torque Settings

JJDT

I'm busy replacing all the pivot bearings on my son's Specialized Epic Comp bike. I can not find any torque settings online, a friend of mine told me that the large pivot bearings should be torqued to 20nm. Can I use this value for all the other bearings?

Thanks

I'm busy replacing all the pivot bearings on my son's Specialized Epic Comp bike. I can not find any torque settings online, a friend of mine told me that the large pivot bearings should be torqued to 20nm. Can I use this value for all the other bearings?

Thanks

Are the torque settings not marked in the bolts, all my previous bikes had them there.

And no, you cannot assume all others will use the same settings, my last bike was 14 and 10. Current one is 40 and 15.

Thanks

What year are you looking for 

I just posted for 2014-2016

What year are you looking for 

I just posted for 2014-2016

Thanks Quagga Bike is a 2016 model.

I just don't trust my torque wrench.

While back I lent a torque wrench to a friend ....

BUT, I first used an M6 bolt to show him how it works .... JIP !!  He just turned right PASSED the "click" and carried on until the bolt snapped .....

Not everybody knows how to use a torque wrench properly, never mind removing the spring tension when done .....

I find the 5N.m and 6N.m T-handle torque wrenches very handy for working on bikes.  Especially the ratcheting, once past the set limit.  No need to gently feel for the "click".

I just don't trust my torque wrench.

One rounded pivot bolt on my Evil made me seriously doubt my old torque wrench.

Two new Park Tools torque wrenches replaced it and confirmed that it was dead and needed replacing.

I suspect it was left torqued in a drawer for years...

I ended up with this:

post-22685-0-14842400-1605028125.jpeg

Sorry for the potato image. 

All the bits are only used to get bolts to torque. Never to tighten anything. 

Expensive setup but a small price to pay to ensure you don't get anything wrong on the bike. A DW Delta Link rear suspension has a lot of bolts to torque. 

Edited by DR ◣◢

And she cost how many bars?

I honestly can’t remember. Bought it two years ago from Evans Cycles but I see they don’t stock it now.