Pyga Stage 2.40 tyre clearance?

Bira

Hi was just wondering what size tyres pyga stage owners have been able to fit on their frames.

I know spec sheet states 2.35. Im running 2.25's at the moment and it looks like there is alot of room left in the rear. Would like to try 2.4 if thats possible.

However i know all tyres are different..

Hi was just wondering what size tyres pyga stage owners have been able to fit on their frames.

I know spec sheet states 2.35. Im running 2.25's at the moment and it looks like there is alot of room left in the rear. Would like to try 2.4 if thats possible.

However i know all tyres are different..

2.35 Maxxis Recon race just fits  - not sure if wider will work

2.35 Maxxis Recon race just fits  - not sure if wider will work

Thanks for this. Was looking at rekon race. Maxxis tyres tend to be wider than the others.

It depends who's 2.4" tyre you're talking about. There is no standard :(

Yes thats true. I looked a set of 2.25 schwalbes the other day on my friends bike, they looked like 2.1's

Yes thats true. I looked a set of 2.25 schwalbes the other day on my friends bike, they looked like 2.1's

Odd, I've always found Schwalbe's to measure pretty true. However that was a Magic Mary and Hans Damph 2.35, not the more XCM focused ones.

Odd, I've always found Schwalbe's to measure pretty true. However that was a Magic Mary and Hans Damph 2.35, not the more XCM focused ones.

+1.

they do or are slightly bigger even . I had a 2.35 Rock razor as well as 2.6 Hans Dampf as proof. 

These were the latest Addix spec ones. Not sure about the older tires. 

+1.

they do or are slightly bigger even . I had a 2.35 Rock razor as well as 2.6 Hans Dampf as proof. 

These were the latest Addix spec ones. Not sure about the older tires.

Yes, sorry that's a pet peeve of mine when someone (me in this case) ONLY mentions a tread pattern when referring to a tyre, as it's essentially almost meaningless.

Both of these were 27.5x2.35 Addix Soft compound and Supergravity casing and at a pressure of ~25PSI.