Turtles, Dolphins & Elephants from a MTB

T_Boss

This is something a little bit beyond the norm, and we have an opportunity to take six more riders along for the adventure if you are keen.

5 Day Beach and MTB Adventure in Southern Mozambique - 10-14 Dec 2020

Day 1 - Travel Day - Drive up from Pretoria to Santa Maria in Mozambique. It is a long day on the road, but we will travel via Komatipoort, and thanks to the new roads leading to the entrance to the MSR (Maputo Special Reserve), it is easily doable in a day. Overnight at Camp Carlos - Santa Maria

Day 2 - Early morning start, as we depart from Camp Carlos at 5 AM, to catch the tides right, we do a 35km ride down the beach, to our next Overnight Spot, Membene. After arriving at Mili, we will have an early lunch, and then enjoy the afternoon relaxing and enjoying the beach. We can also take a game drive into the reserve, in search of Elephant and other wildlife, or for those feeling like they need more distance, we will take the bikes through to one of the freshwater lakes, and spend the afternoon riding along the lake edges. - Overnight Ponta Membene

Day 3 - Day at leisure to chill in camp and enjoy the beach. Tonight we will ride under the light of the moon, in search of nesting Turtles. After an early dinner, we will depart from Camp at around 18:30, and make our way south along the beach. Its 40km to our final destination at Ponta do Ouro, but we will have ample time to complete it between the tides, with time to stop and enjoy some turtle sightings along the way. We will arrive in Ponta Do Ouro Late evening, and check into our Accommodation, no more camping from here on. After an ice-cold beer, we should all be ready to hit the hay. - Overnight Ponta do Ouro

Day 4 - No riding planned for today, and since we would have had a late night the day before, some might choose to lie in a little, at least until it gets too hot... We have a full day to enjoy in Ponta do Ouro, and will also have a dolphin encounter and ocean Safari in the afternoon. For those that want to book a dive or maybe a half-day deep-sea fishing trip, this can also be arranged. - Overnight Ponta do Ouro

Day 5 - Early morning breakfast, and then we, unfortunately, need to pack up and make our way homewards, Arriving back in Pretoria Early Evening.

If you would like to join us for this awesome once-off journey, please be in touch by either calling 012 6820185 or email me on taun@adventurelogistics.co.za.

We can only take 6 riders along with us.
Cost for this trip is only R3000.00pp and will include return transfer from Pretoria, All accommodation (2 nights camping, 2 Beach cabin), all meals (excluding lunch in Ponta do Ouro). Excludes travel insurance, items of a personal nature, and alcohol.

Some FAQs:

Do you need a fat bike? No, any bike with 2.3 tires will be fine, but going wider won't hurt. We will be riding in the intertidal zone, and the sand is very hardpacked here. We can arrange fat bike rental if you wish, at R350.00p/day. We will not be riding fat-bikes.
Will we be riding in the dunes? No. The entire region we are riding through is a marine protected area, with a very sensitive dune belt. We will only ride on the intertidal zone.
Will my bike rust? you will be exposing your bike to sea salt, and sand. Proper cleaning at the end of each day ride is important, but unless you do something silly, the wear and tear will be minimal. We will provide anti-corrosive spray to lubricate and protect your drivetrain.
Will I need a Covid Test? You will need to bring a valid Covid Negative Test that is less than 72 hours old on the day of Departure. You will not be required to be re-tested upon coming back to South Africa.
Do I need a Passport? Yes, you will need a valid passport with at least two free pages. If you are not a SADC Resident, you may be subject to a visa fee on entry, which will be for your own account.

post-46652-0-89327900-1605096798_thumb.jpg

post-46652-0-75977000-1605096829_thumb.jpg

post-46652-0-54323200-1605097301_thumb.jpg

post-46652-0-93108500-1605097489_thumb.jpg

Edited by T_Boss

Have had a number of enquirers about alternate dates. This trip can be booked for any date of your choice (dependent on availability) for a group of 4 or more riders. So if you would like to do this on custom dates, please be in touch. 

Turtle nesting season comes to an end towards the end of March, so obviously, it would be ideal to do it before then. 

• 1 month later...