Merida announce all-new NINETY-SIX XC racer including a trail spec

News bot

Press Release

Originally launched in 2008, our World Cup and World Championships proven full suspension race bike has gone through a number of changes and alterations over the last decade, with probably the most significant departure from ‘the old’ coming together in the new NINETY-SIX (MY2021). We are very excited to present our take on modern XC, marathon and stage racing as well as lightweight short travel trail riding – welcome to the new NINETY-SIX – TRAIL AND TRACK AT FULL GAS.

Click here to view the article

Nice looking bikes at a reasonable price compared to other brands.

That brake caliper is going to be a nightmare - one post mount and one flat mount...

Have XC races become more technical suddenly, or is that just a marketing excuse for turning XC bikes into light #enduro bikes? Those prices are jaw droppingly huge. We really are victims of our *** kurrency on top of the premium prices bike manufacturers are now demanding. 

Nice looking bikes at a reasonable price compared to other brands.

That brake caliper is going to be a nightmare - one post mount and one flat mount...

that legit?

This bike ticks a lot of boxes

I've never been a Merida fan but this bike (and the new long travel HT) I'm starting to reconsider.

Some really useful innovation (twist lock/chain guide/top cap/mounting points/seat tube/2 bottles) on this bike not like other new brands that just did a copy and paste exercise

Can't justify the price yet (of any new bike)

great  looking bikes .

R115K for a GX bike!!!!! 

Agree 199% with you there 

R117k buys you a 2021 Cannondale Scalpel Si Limited with X01 bits. The rest is pretty much on point with the carbon wheels etc. 

R109k buys you a 2021 Scott Spark RC900 TM Issue Prism with a mix of GX and AXS.

If you want a full GX bike with carbon wheels and you're willing to settle for a 2020 model then look at a 2020 Cannondale Scalpel Si Carbon 3 29 at R85k. R30k is a lot of change. 

Many options out there but I think Merida lost it a little bit with their pricing. 

Great looking bikes but again it just shows that shopping around is extremely important these days. 

Agree 199% with you there 

R117k buys you a 2021 Cannondale Scalpel Si Limited with X01 bits. The rest is pretty much on point with the carbon wheels etc. 

R109k buys you a 2021 Scott Spark RC900 TM Issue Prism with a mix of GX and AXS.

If you want a full GX bike with carbon wheels and you're willing to settle for a 2020 model then look at a 2020 Cannondale Scalpel Si Carbon 3 29 at R85k. R30k is a lot of change. 

Many options out there but I think Merida lost it a little bit with their pricing. 

Great looking bikes but again it just shows that shopping around is extremely important these days. 

I do like the bikes.

Value for money the bikes loose out on the Titan Racing Cypher range.

Both Merida and Titan has same distributor.

Merida1s for some reason unknown to me never sell high volumes in SA.

Buying a new bike with these prices is not an option for me.

However holding out to see if their is specials late in 2021.

To be honest, this bike is now my number 1 shortly followed by the Cypher.