WTB spoke tension meter

Andreas_187

Good ones are expensive and using them is not as simple as it sounds.  They are calibrated to the suppliers spokes and you can't assume that spokes from another supplier will give the same deflection especially when you are dealing with flat and bladed spokes.  Ideally you need to place a spoke in a tension gauge to check the deflection that the meter gives.  The Park Tool one is quite basic and fine for most spokes as the readings are close for (stainless steel) spokes of the same diameter and measurements.  The meter made by Pillar will be accurate for WTB spokes.  Cutting Edge are the local agents but the meters are not stock items so they would need to import.

Don't klnow if this is legit or not but I really laughed for a solid 20 sec when seeing this :D

Definitely one way of tuning your bike :P

Experienced wheel builders probably know how a spoke should sound. For an amateur, probably not a viable option, but at least they may all be a similar tension of they are in the same key.

it can work but will me more time consuming and not as accurate.

on a side note had to set an trainer belt to a frequency with a frequency meter earlier this year.