Thule Bike Rack

Bitumenous

Any specials that anyone knows about on Thule Bike Racks?

Outlet stick stricktly to the recommended price list ....

Chris Willemse Cycles often have a few units on special for Black Friday .... well worth monitoring their site ... but you will have to be FAST

• 1 month later...

While on the topic. 

We are in the market for a Thule rack and I see they mention that the racks are carbon compatible with their adapter. The adapters are only a small piece of rubber that wraps around the frame. 

Both our bikes are squared off where the clamps will go and my current rack doesn't seem to put any strain on the frames. 

I don't see why these adapters are needed. Comments are most welcome.

While on the topic.

We are in the market for a Thule rack and I see they mention that the racks are carbon compatible with their adapter. The adapters are only a small piece of rubber that wraps around the frame.

Both our bikes are squared off where the clamps will go and my current rack doesn't seem to put any strain on the frames.

Here is a comment for you kind Sir.

While on the topic.

No adapter or spacer or whatever needed.

I clamped my very square carbon frame in a euroway for 1.5years and all good, biggest thing is not to go ham on turning that knob until it crushes the frame

Thanks

We use the clamps to hold the bike upright and in place and not to "lock it down" it so to speak. 

Always careful. 

Thanks

We use the clamps to hold the bike upright and in place and not to "lock it down" it so to speak.

Always careful.

Same. I feel the wheel straps are plenty strong to hold onto the bike.

The arm is just there to keep it from rocking too much.