Buying my mountain first bike

xCaLaBa

Why do you prefer the RS Cypher Elite over the Cypher?

100mm vs 120mm..

The Cypher Comp with 120mm travel is not as well spec'd as the RS Cypher Elite. It is still a good bike though, with a great review. If it was my money I would just go with something different. Recently went through the same process as you and busy purchasing the bike I made a final decision on.

Best is: Do your research, go test ride your options that you've narrowed it down to and weigh up the pros and cons of each. Also keep an eye on the classifieds. Every now and then there are a few good deals on almost new bikes.

Don’t know where you based but if near Fourways Gauteng go speak to Ian or Wes at Melo Velo and look at the Norco Fluid. 

Can second this. My girlfriend just got the Norco Fluid FS3 from them and it's a lekker little bike. Brakes aren't the best and the 11 tooth smallest gear is not ideal but it's a good option for the price. Only downside is that it's fairly heavy (hers in a Small weighs a bit more than my Large enduro rig (Canyon Strive CF 7.0)).

• 1 month later...