Strava Update Now Allows Bluetooth Integration

Darko

how long tiil someone points out that due to the low accuracy of smartphone GPS's, Smartphone tracking for strava should not be alllowed, and this is only going to make things worse.........

Sure it will never be as accurate as a dedicated GPS unit, but for a lot of people it would be accurate enough and a very viable alternative.

I normally use my Polar V650 for GPS, but it is good to know a phone can be used as an option.  That being said, I would rather use Polar Beat to record than Strava.  Data get uploaded to Strava anyway after the fact.

I didn't even know this was an issue? I had always used my phone for gps with my chest strap. Then that activity uploaded to strava and everything seemed legit? 

How big of a problem was this? 

how long tiil someone points out that due to the low accuracy of smartphone GPS's, Smartphone tracking for strava should not be alllowed, and this is only going to make things worse.........

Meh. Stopped using strava when they put the route mapper behind a paywall. That was all it was good for anyway if you aren't a social media whore who needs a pat on the back for riding around the block . ☺️

Havent missed it one day.

Edited by morneS555

Meh. Stopped using strava when they put the route mapper behind a paywall. That was all it was good for anyway if you aren't a social media whore who needs a pat on the back for riding around the block . ☺️

Havent missed it one day.

I need my pat

good for you. We really didn't need your judgment though

Im sorry you feel judged lol...but that was not the point.

Strava is a bit like autodesk. They havent released anything new or worth releasing for quite a while. They are just working an old mule into the ground. It needs a major rethink and can be alot better.

I didn't even know this was an issue? I had always used my phone for gps with my chest strap. Then that activity uploaded to strava and everything seemed legit?

How big of a problem was this?

Its a mostly vastly overstated issue. Strava isn’t super accurate, but it’s good enough for setting benchmarks. KOM hunters Will however break down into a serious academic debate about the lack of accuracy of smartphones, but only when it’s not working in their favor

I use Strava for the basic things.

Tracking my progress and distance on rides. Good to see if i’m improving on segments and overall rides.

Secondly it’s good to see my cardiovascular strength improving. Getting older in my years and with a history of heart issues in the family it does give me a bit of reassurance that i’m heading in the right direction. 6 months ago my resting heart rate was 96 and i would too out at 125 on a ride. Now i’m at 75 and 154.

Calories burned is nice. Helps to keep my diet in check together with My Fitness Pal.

And the finally being able to track the km done in each bike to make sure i get my service intervals right.

Not bad at all for the R600 i spent for the year.

Speaking of updates... didn't want to start a whole new thread, so just derailing this discussion with the following:

Did you guys see that they are now showing locations of photos on your rides/runs...

It looks cool, but something about this makes me feel uncomfortable.. I'll be sure to go find the setting for this and deactivate it.

post-27827-0-47079300-1605763566_thumb.png

Speaking of updates... didn't want to start a whole new thread, so just derailing this discussion with the following:

Did you guys see that they are now showing locations of photos on your rides/runs...

It looks cool, but something about this makes me feel uncomfortable.. I'll be sure to go find the setting for this and deactivate it.

Pretty sure it's always been like that?