Hambini on YouTube

gummibear

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone watched this guy trash large bike companies?

In his opinion....

All bikes are trash, all bike are badly designed until you fit his parts :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/user/nrgizerbunny

"All bikes are trash, all bike are badly designed until you fit his parts"

I think that's the wrong takeaway from it :P

More that there are issues and yeah he rags on and on a little, but most, if not everything he brings up is rather pertinent. Like BB shells having VASTLY different sizes on drive and non-drive side.

Enjoyable, but a bit ranty, kinda like some monthly newsletters in the WC :P

Has anyone watched this guy trash large bike companies?

In his opinion....

All bikes are trash, all bike are badly designed until you fit his parts :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/user/nrgizerbunny

he's the best. to be fair he is an enigineer and he trash talks the bikes that gets sent to him..... after that he basically measures how far out of true their BB's and or headtubes are....or how many voids there are in the carbon.

Edit: His BB's are mostly to correct these misalignments 

Edited by morneS555

"All bikes are trash, all bike are badly designed until you fit his parts"

I think that's the wrong takeaway from it :P

More that there are issues and yeah he rags on and on a little, but most, if not everything he brings up is rather pertinent. Like BB shells having VASTLY different sizes on drive and non-drive side.

Enjoyable, but a bit ranty, kinda like some monthly newsletters in the WC :P

Frames have issues all the time and most are sorted out under warranty.He receives all the problem bikes and makes videos about them and slanders the manufacturers.

I have to wonder if that OPEN frame is even a genuine frame as that would never have left the factory in that condition.

Frames have issues all the time and most are sorted out under warranty.He receives all the problem bikes and makes videos about them and slanders the manufacturers.

I have to wonder if that OPEN frame is even a genuine frame as that would never have left the factory in that condition.

They are trying to sue (is that how you spell it?) over that video specifically. New vid of his about it was bloody great  :clap:

Either way, I have zero issue with what he's doing, calling out the BS seen on the frames he gets. Can't fault that.

As for the "foul mouth" ... people need to get over themselves and the victorian age BS pertaining to what's a bad word  :P

They are trying to sue (is that how you spell it?) over that video specifically. New vid of his about it was bloody great  :clap:

Either way, I have zero issue with what he's doing, calling out the BS seen on the frames he gets. Can't fault that.

As for the "foul mouth" ... people need to get over themselves and the victorian age BS pertaining to what's a bad word  :P

My kids and their friends watch it and he uses Fark quite a bit.

i love watching the "5 year old" rip into them scumbag bike manufacturers haha. the best is when he gets into their marketing BS with math just to show how much they believe their own BS.

Hambini is a cycling "working class hero" lol

from his page for some context:

Helloooo Hambini Fans!!!

You have reached the homepage of Hambini!

I am most well known for having a YouTube channel that is a mix of cars, bikes, hardcore engineering, bad language, all with a hint of sarcasm.

I work for a large multi-national organization in a senior engineering position. In the past I have provided consultancy work for a number of different companies in the fields of aerodynamics. Some notable clients have included Toyota Motorsport (Turbos), a couple of Formula 1 teams (Turbos), a National cycling team (Aerodynamics TT and Velodrome) and 2 World Tour cycling teams (Bike frame and wheel aerodynamics)

I am the world’s worst loser, I hate losing with a passion but only with things that I care about. I have a bike that gets hammered on a daily basis and is rarely cleaned. I have never cared about the aerodynamics, the comfort or the minuscule details. It is purely a machine to get me from A to B. Conversely, in my professional career, I search for the limits of performance and max everything out. I have an anal attention to engineering detail… Aircraft that I have been involved with have the most advanced aerodynamics of their generation and my turbos have a thermal efficiency that is leagues better than the OEM

In my spare time, I design and make engineering components. My most famous products are my bottom brackets which are used all over the world, from shopping bikes on the streets of Amsterdam to the bikes of professional riders in the World Tour. My bottom brackets are amongst the stiffest and lowest friction in the world.

All Hambini products are designed and manufactured with excellence as standard. There are no famous far eastern manufacturing tolerances and if there are any problems, there is no passing the buck, they are dealt with promptly. I have a professional reputation that was built on attention to detail and I adopt the same philosophy with the items that carry my name.

All of my products are supplied directly. I have no distributors or middle men. All technical support is handled by me.

On a personal note, I take great pride in my engineering skill and reputation, if you have any problems or questions (no matter how small) please contact me and I will do my utmost to resolve them.

My kids and their friends watch it and he uses Fark quite a bit.

And they will too shortly, like the vast majority of the worlds population.

Why, because it doesn't matter.

It's liek people typing ****on the internet thinking they are "not swearing"..>Same same, butt same :P