Trans Baviaans 2021

pedal menace

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Events limited to 250 people outdoors.. I guess that's that then..... see you guys at TB 2022. Obviously didn't commit to a Aug 2021 entry yet, and probably sold out now? [emoji2357]

There will be entries available for the August event, I am living proof ????. I have pulled into that starting block 4 times before and I have only bought an entry from the organisers once ????

Events limited to 250 people outdoors.. I guess that's that then..... see you guys at TB 2022. Obviously didn't commit to a Aug 2021 entry yet, and probably sold out now? [emoji2357]

Our team is entered for the Jan 2021 event. I have received ZERO responses to my requests for clarity on the status of Jan 2021 entrants, from the organisers. 

Whilst Ecobound may have done decent work in the past, in my opinion, they have dropped the ball on this occasion.

There is very little pro-active communication from them. They do not respond to emails. Surely, in a time of "crisis" more communication is required? You manage a "crisis", in part, by controlling the narrative( I sound like the ANC) and at this point Team Ecobound is conspicuous by their absence.

The biggest issue for me is their decision to open August 2021 entries without making any contingency plans for Jan 2021 entrants. It is mercenary and without doubt self-serving - the interests of those us who are entered for Jan 2021 have simply being dismissed/ignored.

Granted, these are extraordinary times but how they have handled matters to this point leaves me in no doubt as to where their allegiances lie. Jan 2021 entrants are simply collateral damage - whether we enter ever again is irrelevant to them as their Aug 2021 entries are already sorted.

Rant over. 

As much as I want to ride a Summer TB, I think this is reckless from the organisers - the area has been declared a hotspot. Sad to see that decision is being driven by finances. 

post-141694-0-93448200-1608018565_thumb.jpeg

As much as I want to ride a Summer TB, I think this is reckless from the organisers - the area has been declared a hotspot. Sad to see that decision is being driven by finances. 

Absolutely driven by finances. Team Ecobound is determined, by shear force of will, to have the Jan 2021 event go ahead regardless of whatever shape or form it is in and irrespective of what value it offers the riders. If the majority of teams are called at CP5 what does Team Ecobound care? Its no loss to them financially. If the heat causes issues for riders what does Team Ecobound care? They've still got their cash. If 80% of the Jan 2021 entrants forfeit their entries what does Team Ecobound care? You get my point..

Our team is entered for the Jan 2021 event. I have received ZERO responses to my requests for clarity on the status of Jan 2021 entrants, from the organisers. 

Whilst Ecobound may have done decent work in the past, in my opinion, they have dropped the ball on this occasion.

There is very little pro-active communication from them. They do not respond to emails. Surely, in a time of "crisis" more communication is required? You manage a "crisis", in part, by controlling the narrative( I sound like the ANC) and at this point Team Ecobound is conspicuous by their absence.

The biggest issue for me is their decision to open August 2021 entries without making any contingency plans for Jan 2021 entrants. It is mercenary and without doubt self-serving - the interests of those us who are entered for Jan 2021 have simply being dismissed/ignored.

Granted, these are extraordinary times but how they have handled matters to this point leaves me in no doubt as to where their allegiances lie. Jan 2021 entrants are simply collateral damage - whether we enter ever again is irrelevant to them as their Aug 2021 entries are already sorted.

Rant over. 

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you.  I have also entered in Jan, am a bit nervous about implications of curfew / C-19.  I have mailed them as well. I don't know what the right answer is.  It's very far to drive to get pulled half way through - especially for my first one! 

I think the curfew being moved earlier will mean that 70-80% of all entrants will finish at CP5. 

I don't think that the event will be cancelled. The regs talk about large gatherings and the race start protocol ensures that the crod on the line isn't more than 250 peeps

I wonder why Ecobound could not obtain the permits that were used by 36One and Munga where the riders were able to ride through the night as well as the supporters. Numbers? Geography?

Probably no use in me wondering...

I wonder why Ecobound could not obtain the permits that were used by 36One and Munga where the riders were able to ride through the night as well as the supporters. Numbers? Geography?

Going through a SANParks nature reserve may be the complication

Going through a SANParks nature reserve may be the complication

The next 4 weeks are going to be "interesting" ....

Will people apply common sense ? 

Social distancing ?

Masks ?

Avoid crowds ?

Will the infection rate come down .... ?

Worst case .... general crowd behaviour continues, and the infection rate continues to escalate .... just like it did in most other countries.  

Let's hope for the best .... but realistically January does not look good ....

I am glad. People are fine with bars and taverns, malls etc but throw their toys out about an event. I am sure it will be well organized . Chances are Restrictions and curfew will ease after new year's.

Wessie12 you do realise that the objections/ concerns are from people that willingly entered the event and really want to do it? The concerns here are not invalid.  You suggest that the event will be 'well organised'.  Well organised would imply the organisers are addressing and communicating concerns that we're asking them to address.  So far all they've said is that the event will go ahead.  Nothing satisfactory about medical considerations and cut-off considerations given that we're doing the event in summer and with stricter curfews than before.

36One was Western Cape only - so might be different hoops to jump through for for TB as this will run through Eastern Cape...

Wessie12 you do realise that the objections/ concerns are from people that willingly entered the event and really want to do it? The concerns here are not invalid. You suggest that the event will be 'well organised'. Well organised would imply the organisers are addressing and communicating concerns that we're asking them to address. So far all they've said is that the event will go ahead. Nothing satisfactory about medical considerations and cut-off considerations given that we're doing the event in summer and with stricter curfews than before.

I totally agree and obviously I have the same concerns and also invested time and money. What I am actually trying to say is that I know of 3 teams that did not train as they should and assumed that the event was going to get cancelled and now they are complaining about covid, heat etc. Doesn't matter which way the it goes people will be unhappy.