Trans Baviaans 2021

pedal menace

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the 3rd wave picking up speed and possible restrictions looming on events do you guys think 8 weeks will be enough for the 3rd wave to flatten. 

I think every body is holding their breaths on this one..........the guys fit and strong wants it to take place , the not so fit hopes for some extra time...........

After the announcement this evening I don't think it will be wise to try and force a ride through the kloof this year. 

After oom cyrils chat and the crazy numbers I see tears for the cyclists who have trained up and are ready unfortunately 

I am glad restrictions was imposed now and not later. With 8 weeks to go a lot can change and hopefully for the better. 

On 6/14/2021 at 8:12 PM, wessie12 said:

With the 3rd wave picking up speed and possible restrictions looming on events do you guys think 8 weeks will be enough for the 3rd wave to flatten. 

Impossible to know. The Indian/Delta variant is mutating yet further. This wave could go like the December one and be over in a few weeks. Or it could be of a lot longer duration.

8 minutes ago, MudLark said:

Impossible to know. The Indian/Delta variant is mutating yet further. This wave could go like the December one and be over in a few weeks. Or it could be of a lot longer duration.

Must SUCK to be an organiser of these events ....

The only constant for the third wave in other countries .... absolutely NO pattern.  Some had a typical short sharp spike, which potentially could be past the worst in 6 weeks, with not enough time left to the event to make a call either way.  Just as many countries had a very long drawn out third wave .....

Only time will tell how this wave plays out ..... school and varsity holidays are almost here, "nice" recipe for further and farther distribution ....

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Francois Pienaar said:

Ye, I feel for the organisers man.  At this point, I have no idea if anything will go ahead this year.  

Other organisers I feel for are the Swartberg Gran Fondo ones, event would have been in April (which in hindsight would have worked perfectly fine), then in Feb they moved it forward to early August.

Hindsight is 20/20 I guess

Getting my popcorn ready for the mail announcing postponement and a TRANSFER FEE to ride in the next planned event... At this point my three man Team has spent almost R4450 to get this far...  ????

Can someone please explain something to me? Like seriously not being a boks or asking this to get a reaction: On their website the entry fee for a 2 man team is currently on R2880.00. Why do folks then still try to sell their entries on this site for R5-R6k? Am I missing something? 

PS: the above me mentioned fee has been like that since early May, or even April