Trans Baviaans 2021

pedal menace

1 hour ago, RearWheelDrive said:

My 4th TB. First one for the wife. We're doing the repeat. I decided to ride with her she was keen on trying. I'm still really bummed about the curfew situation, by my calculations we need 1-2 hours grace, max. 

Anyway we'll see how the whole camp over thing works, unless we're super lucky

Good luck hey, we're also going to try and miss the "camp @ CP#5 situation" ????.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Final weather update guys.. See you in Willowmore tomorrow! For the guys coming from Cape Town, we're stopping at Diesel&Cream in Barrydale around 10:00 for a brekkie and beer, pop in! You want to start carboloading early tomorrow.

tempFileForShare_20210826-152012.jpg.3a98d30f6c704e6c14269e0ec96d606f.jpg

On 8/25/2021 at 12:05 PM, Headshot said:

Good luck guys and girls. We drove most of the Baviaans a few weeks ago after the first snow but just before the really heavy weather that saw snow all over the area at road level. The corrugations are pretty terrible most of the way but at least the route is more interesting once it enters the nature reserve  section. Some sections of the descent on the pass before Smitkraal are more like a 4x4 route than ever. 

What do racers do about staying dry on the long river crossing sections of track? Just get wet feet and live with it? 

booties

56 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

booties

Going to try to keep the wind and water out with these things...

Sock - Booty - Sock -Shoe:

IMG-20210816-WA0030.jpg.bbaae1f64d06c1e613331fdda388fc26.jpg

Just now, JohanDiv said:

Socks, shoes, checkers bag, booties ????

Its going to be an incredible adventure! A serious rollercoaster of emotions ranging from sheer terror to giggling excitement! I'm told this is normal for your first TB.????

6 minutes ago, Moult said:

Its going to be an incredible adventure! A serious rollercoaster of emotions ranging from sheer terror to giggling excitement! I'm told this is normal for your first TB.????

Without a doubt, that is why I return almost every year ????

So anyone in Willowmore able to give a weather update. 

If the news reports are to be believed it sounds like you guys are in for a proper test this year.

41 minutes ago, DonatelloOnPinarello said:

So anyone in Willowmore able to give a weather update. 

If the news reports are to be believed it sounds like you guys are in for a proper test this year.

I am about 200km from Willlowmore , PE side but more inland and the weather is k.k out here. Windy and bleddie cold. So it is going to be a proper test....

Seems normal. On our last TB I went and purchased a 2 plate stove which we used for the whole night as a heater. Even then the water bottles standing in the room froze over the top of the water.

Strongs guys. I am entered but cant make it so ......... 

On 8/26/2021 at 5:09 PM, JohanDiv said:

How did it go? I had wet, freezing feet from start to finish. Toes still mildly numb.