Future of non-cycling discussion on Bike Hub

Matt

What, no!!! You can't be serious...Off Topic chats are what make Le Hub such an interesting forum....Also...I have a new watch arriving soon, where will I be able show it off???? :eek:

Arch you back, pout your lips, stick your ass out and post the pic on IG

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave the off topic threads. And leave them totally unmoderated. Just put a note up there that says play at your own risk.

And let us kill each other. It makes us happy, and gives a sense of purpose to our otherwise empty lives. Yes, I know there is some smart arse now who will tell me to go ride my bike or something.

Yeah, just go ride your bike, and all you on here bike hub + what not fan boys, stop all your demands and crying! ????

Leave the off topic threads. And leave them totally unmoderated. Just put a note up there that says play at your own risk.

And let us kill each other. It makes us happy, and gives a sense of purpose to our otherwise empty lives. Yes, I know there is some smart arse now who will tell me to go ride my bike or something.

Like an Olympics with no drug control.[emoji38]

He would need to do a track stand with his MTB on his longboard on a big wave, while taking the selfie .....

hmmmmm...wait....

The only time that I have ever contacted admin was to ask them to reduce my ban. 

There was a time when this place was a free for all. 

It was fun but also wrong. I did contact certain people to apologise for my behavior.

Others, I didn't but that is just because I didn't like them then and I still dont. But at least I know that the feelings were and are mutual. 

you will lose me as a user then - Considering I run more than I cycle, and while i enjoy interacting on the Downhill threads, I mostly like discussing off topic things with like minded people. If I cant do that then there won't be much keeping me here

The way forums have been dying off over the years as people move to other social media platforms and reddit, I’d be very wary of over moderation and stymying engagement of users. There are only a handful of forums that survived, and I can think of 5 that I no longer participate in or even visit anymore due to the above, and this will also then be added to that list.

Go on, shoot yourselves in the foot.

two things please

1. Do not lose the off topic threads

2. Bring back comments on the classifieds

No, they rather expect user engagement to continue on the same old rehashed topics. I mean, how many times are people still going to get excited to answering the same old questions like how much is import duty on my bicycle that I want to import because local guys are ripping me a new one.

As others have stated, not a good idea, I will most certainly not be an active member anymore if that happens.

The successful forums have a community aspect, users are not just names on the screen but become mates. And the only way to develop that is through off topic chewing the fat discussions.

I already feel this forum is over moderated, now you want to go all gestapo on us.

If the offtopics section is giving you grey hairs maybe have some big disclaimer or something when entering that section stating that it is not moderated (or limited moderation) and any views expressed in that section do not represent BikeHub .. bla bla bla.