Future of non-cycling discussion on Bike Hub

Matt

27 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

And Cross-Fit, Ironman, Banting, MBA, AFFIES, Grey-college... what did I miss...?

Ford vs Toyota

Sock Length ( I suppose this is still cycling related)

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

Pretty sure racism and sexism is already no go.

There's nothing wrong with topics on religion or political issues, but the problem lies with the people with polarising views that drive it from a constructive discussion.

Banning it outright is a coarse but effective solution, although healthy debate is thrown out at the same time.

Healthy debate has been dwindling on a number of threads for a while now. For me it seemed like many of the threads were weighed down by all the baggage that's been developing over the years. No comment, statement or argument are debated on face value. The sequence is rather: who is making the statement, why is he/she making the stament, what is his/her hidden agenda, etc... What could be a very interesting debate very quickly digress into personal attacks and accusations.

Still sad to see threads being locked outright though.

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

There's nothing wrong with topics on religion or political issues, but the problem lies with the people with polarising views that drive it from a constructive discussion.

Exactly. 

Generally speaking we are quick to have a go at the nonhuman aspects, the processes, the companies, the platforms, the topics, but we tend to skirt around the issue of the people. I think this is because people are inherently conflict adverse.

1 hour ago, RocknRolla said:

Ford vs Toyota

Sock Length ( I suppose this is still cycling related)

Definitely sock length. No one needs to be polarized for wearing secret socks on a ride...

Ford AND Toyota need to be banned. Everyone knows that Isuzu reigns supreme.

14 minutes ago, Patchelicious said:

Research has shown that the brand of bakkie makes very little difference.

And the colour? ????

8 minutes ago, Red Robin said:

And the colour? ????

Data does show that it’s mostly white bakkies that are the problem, but this seemed to offend the Berocca piss orange Ranger owners. So now we don’t discriminate. #AllBakkiesMatter 

Edited by Patchelicious

21 hours ago, Kranswurm said:

Quite right...however, if it was properly moderated you and the small group who boer and bicker and fight on those threads would not be here and it would be a much quieter place.

Exactly

Thing is, is quieter better, do you bite your tongue and shaddup or do you argue when you feel its deserved?

Admittedly i fall into the latter group, however i honestly do try not to not push things to far and within the hub rules.

You can sail in a ship by yourself,
Take a nap or a nip by yourself.
You can get into debt on your own.
There are lots of things that you can do alone.
(But it) Takes two to tango

5 hours ago, Patchelicious said:

Data does show that it’s mostly white bakkies that are the problem, but this seemed to offend the Berocca piss orange Ranger owners. So now we don’t discriminate. #AllBakkiesMatter 

I read in the gazette that the word "bakkie" has become offensive there is a motion to criminalise anyone who uses such a derogatory term. Unless you are referring to something you serve food in.

The correct term when referring to these people is "Ranger" or "Hilux" if you are uncertain, it's best to ask as not to offend. There are some non-binary terms as well, like Isuzu and Fullback. 

The americans are very forward thinking in this regard, and have coined the non-discriminatory word "pickup" (which is weird, because very few people actually use these vehicles to pick anything up other than a six pack of castle lite when they shop for bread and milk.)

Edited by RocknRolla

14 minutes ago, RocknRolla said:

I read in the gazette that the word "bakkie" has become offensive there is a motion to criminalise anyone who uses such a derogatory term. Unless you are referring to something you serve food in.

The correct term when referring to these people is "Ranger" or "Toyota" if you are uncertain, it's best to ask as not to offend. There are some non-binary terms as well, like Isuzu and Fullback. 

The americans are very forward thinking in this regard, and have coined the non-discriminatory word "pickup" (which is weird, because very few people actually use these vehicles to pick anything up other than a six pack of castle lite when they shop for bread and milk.)

Lol......My friends wife always gives me take home food in Tupperware when I go around...
Then the next time I visit its always the same opening line....
"Where is my bakkie"...
"Well...My bakkie is out side but here is your Tupperware....!"

7 hours ago, Vetplant said:

And Cross-Fit, Ironman, Banting, MBA, AFFIES, Grey-college... what did I miss...?

you missed the latest that is now worse than vegans and crosfitters combined..its the:

"I drive a Tesla"

4 minutes ago, Stretch said:

you missed the latest that is now worse than vegans and crosfitters combined..its the:

"I drive a Tesla"

I never thought I'd think anything is worse than driving a Tesla, but sadly there is...

You could be driving one of these kuk things:

image.jpeg.1a4756bbb2691dc510aecac1e003b4f0.jpeg