Future of non-cycling discussion on Bike Hub

Matt

Yeah, high friction action required to get to off-cycling topics. Look, the founders have made it clear and there’s nothing vague about the strategic horizon of Baaikhubz.

I’ve made the best of cycling connections here and have sold a lot of my upgrade-itis bike parts and accessories. Grateful. ????

Edited by 'Dale

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, MTBeer said:

So I have to ask. What's wrong with driving a Tesla?

this
image.png.691f5313fa1ab24978a7c82a754e7586.png
Like vegans and Bulls supporters reminding you of that equally nauseating fact...

7 minutes ago, Craai said:

You'll be hard-pressed to find a vegan Bulls fan though....

Or one that drives a Tesla

spacer.png

30 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

this
image.png.691f5313fa1ab24978a7c82a754e7586.png
Like vegans and Bulls supporters reminding you of that equally nauseating fact...

oh ok. I've never met a Tesla driver

4 hours ago, MTBeer said:

oh ok. I've never met a Tesla driver

Friend in Dublin bought one last year.. But didn't really see any outside of Dublin... Now you're starting to see them more regularly because people are starting to trade them in to upgrade. 

What's the electric car market like in SA?. I would say the biggest market share at the moment here is the Nissan leaf.. They are pretty accessible..

There's about 4 or 5 companies doing home charger installations and there are chargers at most petrol stations along the motorway.. But it's still limited that I wouldn't mind to go on a road trip with a leaf

3 minutes ago, Stretch said:

Friend in Dublin bought one last year.. But didn't really see any outside of Dublin... Now you're starting to see them more regularly because people are starting to trade them in to upgrade. 

What's the electric car market like in SA?. I would say the biggest market share at the moment here is the Nissan leaf.. They are pretty accessible..

There's about 4 or 5 companies doing home charger installations and there are chargers at most petrol stations along the motorway.. But it's still limited that I wouldn't mind to go on a road trip with a leaf

Couple of MBW i3 models used by security companies.

More and more charging bays .... yet to see any cars using it.

Was driving next to a dealers i-Pace Jaguar today ... ????

From our business contacts we know of many big businesses lining up to build mega truck ports .... electric powered trucks, PV charging stations ....

Too much fuel tax .... very slow uptake from government ....

2 hours ago, Stretch said:

92 electric vehicles sold in SA in 2020, less than 0.5% of total market. Still very expensive as they are seen as "luxury" goods and heavily taxed.

Charging stations are popping up all over the place though and on the major highways you will be able to find one every 200km.

SA Automotive industry, who rely heavily on export, is busy focusing on EV as a lot of their key markets will ban all internal combustion engines from 2030.

3 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Couple of MBW i3 models used by security companies.

More and more charging bays .... yet to see any cars using it.

Was driving next to a dealers i-Pace Jaguar today ... ????

From our business contacts we know of many big businesses lining up to build mega truck ports .... electric powered trucks, PV charging stations ....

Too much fuel tax .... very slow uptake from government ....

Friend of mine has an import agreement to be the sole distributor of Solar-charged golf cars for a specific brand. 

I can see myself swapping our one vehicle for such a thing to scoot to the shop for groceries and for the school run. All are within 2kms from home. 

Our cars are being used so little these days that I am struggling to keep the car batteries alive, no jokes! 

8 hours ago, Patchelicious said:

Or one that drives a Tesla

spacer.png

Isuzu is the only thing a Bulls fan has going for them. Everything else is downhill I'm afraid. 

But these white rims are worse than secret socks on a bicycle ride. Never mind that lift kit.....leave it up to a bloubul to properly stuff up a bakkie.

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

Seems this thread just got a new charge ....

Yep...

Lol...let me rather take that pic down before someone gets offended on here (like a Stormers supporter)...????

Edited by Mojoman

10 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Isuzu is the only thing a Bulls fan has going for them. Everything else is downhill I'm afraid. 

But these white rims are worse than secret socks on a bicycle ride. Never mind that lift kit.....leave it up to a bloubul to properly stuff up a bakkie.

are those tyres made from Lego?

On 11/25/2020 at 1:58 PM, Matt said:

Split out from: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/187560-cant-pm-matt-and-nick/

For this very reason we'll quite soon be cutting down or even completely closing the Off Topic sections.

Between the demands for moderation (most issues arise from off topic squabbles) and the distraction from what Bike Hub is (or at least is intended to be), a resource for cyclists, it can't remain as-is

The simple reality is that we have to focus our limited resources on issues related to bikes... it is after all why this place exists.

------------------------------------

Hi. Is there going to be any amendment to your policy, or are the voices that have been heard going to matter? Yes i know it is not a majority of people voicing an opinion here, but still there seems to be a general disagreement with your proposed policies. If people squabble, ban them from the thread .

31 minutes ago, LongDonkey said:

Hi. Is there going to be any amendment to your policy, or are the voices that have been heard going to matter? Yes i know it is not a majority of people voicing an opinion here, but still there seems to be a general disagreement with your proposed policies. If people squabble, ban them from the thread .

Hear hear!