The Munga 2020

JohanDiv

Jip Benky. His wife's bike looks similar, but different groupset..

Mrs Benky I think rides the Curve uprock hardtail while Mr Benky rides the the monstercross version of the Curve GRX

Edit his is called the GMX and he uses AXS and hers is mechanical XX1 - I rode with them a few weeks ago and that’s as close as I’ll get to the Munga

Edited by Waynemol

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The new weather and wind layer on the map is a nice touch!!

The first few hours looks like they will being starting into a light headwind breeze up to WP1, then a light crosswind to WP2, and then a light tailwind from there...

attachicon.gifWEATHER AND WIND LAYER.jpg

Definitely sounds better than the year before last. IIRC that was brutal 

The drama starts early this year it seems we already have 3 riders off course.

The drama starts early this year it seems we already have 3 riders off course.

Do you know if they will told they went off course?

Apols for dumb question - how much of this race is dirt road, as opposed to single track? I'm surprised by how many tri bars I've seen. I didn't know that was a thing on mtb races.

I think its at the directors discretion but they're probably going to get a time penalty....

I think its at the directors discretion but they're probably going to get a time penalty....

Thank you

Do you know if they will told they went off course?

They might only be told when they sign in at the next WP and then at the directors discretion they either have to go back to where they left the course and rejoin, or get a time penalty or disqualification. However, if you look at the history of the rider (take Markus Franz for instance) it does not look like he got a huge advantage, but the onus is on the rider to stick to the route.

Apols for dumb question - how much of this race is dirt road, as opposed to single track? I'm surprised by how many tri bars I've seen. I didn't know that was a thing on mtb races.

The majority of the distance is covered on dirt roads with a healthy dose of jeep-track (tweespoor) through the private farms.  Very little tar and not much singletrack.

TRi bars - It to help to relieve with the pressure on the hands.