The Munga 2020

JohanDiv

Benky's tracker isn't updating but assuming you are right we could be in for a very interesting night with Hansie being chased down by a relatively fresher Benky.

Jislaaik. The Munga social pages are dead quiet!!! :(

Where do we find the inside info on what is happening out there?! Is Kev stading still or is it tracker issues?

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm honsestly asking, I'm unsure if he scratched.. my browser shows him dof(scratched), and my phone shows him still active

I'm honsestly asking, I'm unsure if he scratched.. my browser shows him dof(scratched), and my phone shows him still active

I think it goes 'dof' after not updating for a certain time - he is as yet not under the 'Scratched' list.

Might be resting indoors or something? Kieping for a couple of hours and then go long again.

Edited by hboli4

As far as I know when the tracker is standing still for a period of time it goes dof, not sure after how long this happens, but this doesn't necessarily means he scratched.  I hope he is just taking a final nap before a push to the end 

Edit: Also see hboli4 said the same

Edited by PieterJvR

Could it be that these trackers go "dof" when being charged? Because it might just be that Benky is indeed taking a nap a recharging his tracker at the same time.

Des that to save battery if you stop for a while.

compared to last year the middle to back guys are 1 to 1:30 faster than last year.

See joggie scratched and a friend thuba who are all multiple munga riders.

Have serious FOMO but next year again.

The wind is tough but seems the temps re friendly.

I often wonder if they're doing the same calculations on the route, do they even have the mental capacity at this stage?

Mental math is something that I find myself doing all the time to keep myself awake - riding buddy used to always keep asking me how much time we had in the bank, how long could we sleep, when do we hit the next WP etc etc

Edited by walkerr

Brian Brummer about to overtake or join Benky at RV3.

I wondered if Benky's tracker fell off there - maybe he's secretly up the road ;)

Mental math is something that I find myself doing all the time to keep myself awake - riding buddy used to always keep asking me how much time we had in the bank, how long could we sleep, when do we hit the next WP etc etc

I would think that this is an essential skill to have particularly if finishing is your goal.

I wondered if Benky's tracker fell off there - maybe he's secretly up the road ;)

At least his tracker is no longer "dof" and I see BB is resting up as well.

So if it comes down to a sprint, these are the weapons...

Benky:

attachicon.gifBenky Rig.jpg

VS

Hansie:

attachicon.gifHansie Rig.jpg

So I bought Benky's winning bike from last year and I have put a Lauf on it. In a bike for bike comparison in a sprint the rigid fork would take it. That Lauf bounces like a ............. when standing and riding.