The Munga 2020

JohanDiv

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously think Benky has tracker issues.He would never rest for so long.

His tracker hasnt updated in over 5 hours.

There could be an epic battle going on between him and Hansie and we are missing it. I hope.

Or he burnt too many matches yesterday and is going to chill there and ride in with his wife.

I'm assuming there's nothing coming from race media channels?

Or he burnt too many matches yesterday and is going to chill there and ride in with his wife.

I also was thinking that.

If his tracker is not the blink his race is effectively run and your synopsis makes sense.

150 entries at R23k each= R3.4m

Add sponsors.

And not a single race update on social media from what I can see.

I don't think you can just leave it up to the tracker page to tell the story. missing out on a lot of exposure right now.

I really hope this is not the case..was rooting hard for him.

At the end of April when we did the virtual 36One he started strong, but also pulled out unexpectedly early.. i thought it was just because of the mind numbing indoor trainer experience.. never for a moment thought that it might be lack of form, or a tendence of going too hard too early..maybe that is the case here?

Looks like Patsy has missed the turnoff to WP3!  Its an easy one to miss because you get so used to riding the dirt road that you forget to look for the Munga flags and the palm trees that surround the farmhouse on this barren landscape. Keeping focus on the GPS is critical - she's got a long night ahead of her and cant waste any time at WP3 - and there are some long climbs coming to WP4 - I hope she doesnt have the headwind we had last year......

Quick Update, Kevin Rodney Benkenstein's tracker is faulty, confirmed by race orgainsers. He is with Hansie. Elmien Stander phoned about half an hour ago to say she is at Pampoenpoort, the wind is brutal, she has been riding alone and into a head wind for 8 hours, so she is going to eat and rest up and re-assess. She has only stopped 1h26 min in 30 hours and 525km. Cecil Munch and Mikayla Benkenstein are at 466km done and 51km to the next water point, they are riding at under 10km/hour at the moment so that can only mean that the wind is hectic, the tracker estimates they will get to the next waterpoint at 00h40. There is nowhere to hide out there, they will have to keep pushing on.

Quick Update, Kevin Rodney Benkenstein's tracker is faulty, confirmed by race orgainsers. He is with Hansie. Elmien Stander phoned about half an hour ago to say she is at Pampoenpoort, the wind is brutal, she has been riding alone and into a head wind for 8 hours, so she is going to eat and rest up and re-assess. She has only stopped 1h26 min in 30 hours and 525km. Cecil Munch and Mikayla Benkenstein are at 466km done and 51km to the next water point, they are riding at under 10km/hour at the moment so that can only mean that the wind is hectic, the tracker estimates they will get to the next waterpoint at 00h40. There is nowhere to hide out there, they will have to keep pushing on.

Praise the Lawd!!

Now shite gets real

If you think the wind is mad for the Munga just know that at the moment there are a bunch of solo sailors in the Southern Ocean doing the vendeeglobe round the world sailing race. Bunch of MAD men and women. Sailing 60ft yachts.

Edited by porqui