The Munga 2020

JohanDiv

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of us who are not dedicated followers of endurance sports/cycling, who is Hansie Joubert ?

Anyone to enlighten us ?

Hansie is an accomplished cyclist. 
Multiple SA road champ in his age group. Multiple SA track medals as well.

Won the mini-munga
Been training like crazy. Think coached by Jaco Ferreira

One of the faces/owners behind Ferocity - I bet you is riding on one today

And he is from the correct side of the boerewors curtain.

This year looks easy, no Bainskloof

Haha!

The wind speed and direction we have today, you'll be freewheeling all the way to the top of Bainskloof.. on the Hermon gravel road you're having headwind all the way to Doolhof

Barring mechanicals/accidents, 1st and 2nd look unlikely to change now. That little wolf pack at RV4 though I reckon could chase Brian hard for that last podium place. There's still some rough terrain and conditions where that spot could still be up for grabs.

Haha!

The wind speed and direction we have today, you'll be freewheeling all the way to the top of Bainskloof.. on the Hermon gravel road you're having headwind all the way to Doolhof

... it's going to be a very hard last slog to the finish line this afternoon/evening .... 

post-20017-0-01003300-1607078747_thumb.png

The battle for fourth place is bunching up again at RV4.

And while they are taking a rest, Brian is extending his 3rd place lead over them. The gap got down from 80km to 18km at one point, now pulled back to 25km.

edit: And just as I post this they are back on the road again chasing Brian

Edited by JohanDiv

The battle for fourth place is bunching up again at RV4.

And while they are taking a rest, Brian is extending his 3rd place lead over them. The gap got down from 80km to 18km at one point, now pulled back to 25km.

At least one of them has broken out and is rolling again. Gonna be exciting between these guys if they decide to all chase.

Edit - the bit that Benky is climbing now is rocky and tough. Could well see the guys behind bunching up on that part. Anyone with full suspension will have a distinct advantage up and over that ridge. It'll be barely rideable uphill on a bike with no shocks.

Edited by walkerr

Hansie is motoring. Seems like he obvioulsy have a braai in Paarl tonight that he cant miss!!!

Coming up to that dreaded climb towards that cherry farm place. Man, i hate that climb.

See Patsy is on her way again.....about to become friends with the soft sand again.  Well behind the cutline but Kudo's for vasbyt!...

Gutsy performance - she's not giving in to that nasty green marker. Willing her on to catch it and kill it