The Munga 2020

JohanDiv

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the two dots I am following this year is shadowing each other nicely. Sam Marx my friend from my Bloem days. And Piet Laubser one of my wife's colleagues. Keep at it !!! Keep the pace. AND SEE YOU SATURDAY IN WELLINGTON!!

Paul

Talk about stepping up. Yoh.

Sam ek staan nie 2 uur op om doolhof toe te gaan nie.

LEGENDS

Edited by Mailman7412

The race for third is going to heat up soon! Hanno closing in on Brian. He brought that 80km gap from this morning down to 10km now.

Brian is on that nasty rocky climb - once he's over that, it's a bit rutted and sandy in places, but it's mostly straightforward. Aside from the wind and/or the heat of course ;) ... oh ... and the fatique ...

Edited by walkerr

Anyone know the deal with Pierre at the back - he suddenly started tracking again and making good progress. Not showing as scratched either. Did he go and get some medical attention and was able to rejoin? He's flying if he did, although I wonder if it's just him and/or tracker riding in a sweep car.

Lekker Hansie! Now it's downhill huistoe...almost all the way! Looking out the window the wind direction changed a bit..it's now a solid south wind..that Hermon gravel road is going to be k@k!

Maybe I should kit up when I get home tonight and go ride that section with him..

Patsy and Pierre stationary with Ambo... I hope everything is okay!

Patsy has been riding hard and long - would guess/hope she's catching breath. Pierre was in a car at some stage I thought, perhaps he got back (or I got it wrong). I was at the very tail on stage one in 2018, and the ambo was doubling as a sweep vehicle, so may not mean necessarily bad news.

BIG thanks the experienced riders for your valued input on this thread.  As a total noob to Munga your input has made this come alive.  :thumbup:

Utmost respect for each and every rider !!!!

Where is Hannele Steyn now ?  I knew a friend of hers some 29 years ago .... she aint no spring chicken, but what an impressive career !!  :thumbup:

EDIT - see on live tracker she is now at 650km.  Think she is in 9th position, not sure I am reading it correctly though ...

Edited by ChrisF

There is another guy also 70 - Alewyn Vorster currently at 304 km's. They say age is mere a number if I look at these guys at the age of 70 riding this grueling race.

See Alewyn is at +-595km at RV3, and his GPS log looks good  ... but there seems to be a spike in Philip Boardman's GPS speed with stationary time attached thereafter, he is at 524km, hope Philip is ok?

This Munga thing is brutal ...

Anyone know the deal with Pierre at the back - he suddenly started tracking again and making good progress. Not showing as scratched either. Did he go and get some medical attention and was able to rejoin? He's flying if he did, although I wonder if it's just him and/or tracker riding in a sweep car.

Pierre withdrew early this morning. Said he was feeling sick. An ambo picked him up and dropped him in Britstown. 

Pierre withdrew early this morning. Said he was feeling sick. An ambo picked him up and dropped him in Britstown. 

No man,I am sorry to hear that.