The Munga 2020

JohanDiv

Pierre withdrew early this morning. Said he was feeling sick. An ambo picked him up and dropped him in Britstown.

Maybe a case of Castle lites the night before Munga isnt such a good idea.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See Alewyn is at +-595km at RV3, and his GPS log looks good  ... but there seems to be a spike in Philip Boardman's GPS speed with stationary time attached thereafter, he is at 524km, hope Philip is ok?

This Munga thing is brutal ...

Phillip scratched it seems 

Pierre withdrew early this morning. Said he was feeling sick. An ambo picked him up and dropped him in Britstown. 

Great shame

Hanno looks to be chasing Brian down hard - there's enough riding left that the 15km between them is very closable. The long straight corrugations after WP10 can easily play into one rider vs another depending on their styles or preferences. And there's a chunk of climb after and some descending into Ceres - not to mention the effects of differing levels of sleep deprivation. 3rd place is far from a slam dunk yet.

Edit - just put the wind layer on the map too. Does not look kind! Wonder who has the legs left for a real battle?

Edited by walkerr

Do not see Patsy on the map...her name is not on the scratch list either...

She just popped up on scratch list showing on my screen. Sad - fought hard and can be very proud.

She just popped up on scratch list showing on my screen. Sad - fought hard and can be very proud.

Respect

Sam flew past Chris and Michael. Wow

The section they're on now is quite fast rolling, from memory, where it swings right just ahead the track gets pretty rough and ugly. Then there's a short climb up over a last hill, and some more rough track. About where Brian is now it smooths out a bit and gets faster rolling (aside from the usual corrugations and wind).

In true Munga fashion. Hansie’s tracker is not updating Hahaaaaa

Seems like he is 7km out. Well done to the man.

Alex is live on The Munga Fb.

Edit:Killed the feed, will be back in a min or 2. Hansie 5mins out apparently.

Edited by Roul

Dot watching here in Denmark and seeing live feed from SA is a little surreal...

40km longer this year and loads of soft sand! Damn. 

Amazing achievement by anyone who has done it.