Biking with the Big 5 in the Karoo

T_Boss

At midnight tonight (with permits in hand), my business partner and I are setting off on an adventure to the Karoo, where we will be visiting a "top secret" location, to scout out some new trails on an exlusive big 5 game reserve. 

Needless to say, we are more than just a little excited. I have visit the property before, sans bike, and I was immediately convinced of its potential as a MTB destination. Now, 12 months later, we will be putting that theory to the test. 

The seeds have been sown for not only for the opportunity of hosting epic small group MTB getaways, but there is also a plan in place for a 3-5 day Multistage event in the near future. 

I will try update with progress on this thread throughout the trip, but be sure to follow @adventure_cycles_rsa on Intagram for closer to real time updates.(https://www.instagram.com/adventure_cycles_rsa/

Cant give out too much info right away, but will have more details by this time tomorrow, as by then we should have met with the reserve manager, and discussed some route options etc, and have a better idea as to what is possible and what is not. 

Edited by T_Boss

Comms have been a bit limited on the reserve, but pictures and details to follow soon. We are heading back to "civililisation" later today....

At midnight tonight (with permits in hand), my business partner and I are setting off on an adventure to the Karoo, where we will be visiting a "top secret" location, to scout out some new trails on an exlusive big 5 game reserve.

Needless to say, we are more than just a little excited. I have visit the property before, sans bike, and I was immediately convinced of its potential as a MTB destination. Now, 12 months later, we will be putting that theory to the test.

The seeds have been sown for not only for the opportunity of hosting epic small group MTB getaways, but there is also a plan in place for a 3-5 day Multistage event in the near future.

I will try update with progress on this thread throughout the trip, but be sure to follow @adventure_cycles_rsa on Intagram for closer to real time updates.(https://www.instagram.com/adventure_cycles_rsa/)

Cant give out too much info right away, but will have more details by this time tomorrow, as by then we should have met with the reserve manager, and discussed some route options etc, and have a better idea as to what is possible and what is not.

• 6 months later...