Powertap services in Gauteng

mecheng89

Good morning Hubbers,

Anyone know who will service Powertap products in Gauteng? I believe SRAM bought the name, and Bicycle Power has disowned the brand. 

Edited by mecheng89

Good morning Hubbers,

Anyone know who will service Powertap products in Gauteng? I believe SRAM bought the name, and Bicycle Power has disowned the brand. 

it will have to come to Cape Town for repairs as cape Cycle Systems are the new distributor since SRAM took ownership.

it will have to come to Cape Town for repairs as cape Cycle Systems are the new distributor since SRAM took ownership.

Totally ridiculous. Cannot believe that's the case. Not that I don't believe you mate.

Good morning Hubbers,

What do you need done? It's correct that everything needs to get done through SRAM but there are some peeps injhb who can assist with certain jobs

yep...my LBS replaced my bearings on my powertap hub, nothing else you can do basically. If there were any faults on the hubs Bicycle power told me to get a new one anyway.

good luck or buy 4iiii or stages

yep...my LBS replaced my bearings on my powertap hub, nothing else you can do basically. If there were any faults on the hubs Bicycle power told me to get a new one anyway.

good luck or buy 4iiii or stages

that's about all that can be done and maybe a physical recalibration by checking the strain gauges torque against the calculated torque on the crank arm when a calibrated std mass is hung off the end of the crank arm.

Anything electronic has to go to CCS

What do you need done? It's correct that everything needs to get done through SRAM but there are some peeps injhb who can assist with certain jobs

Nothing ATM. But someday I will. 

• 3 months later...

I'm here now. the points on the male pluggy thing has disintegrated.

post-16406-0-27597900-1615199913_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jakkals.