Rapidé Tigre Hardtail Frame

MORNE

1 hour ago, Yusran said:

Finally built my Tigre after agonizing over EVERYTHING about the build for many months…

372F50B0-7E24-4503-9894-AF46A06F25CE.png.1fa9f91cd35e19d61ed352053b79b196.png

83E04C14-BD9C-4D73-92FF-C7CAD3C71511.jpeg.9146a70344c2f4792bded89eb3fd729e.jpeg

all I’ll say for now is that I am extremely happy… parts-swopped the drivetrain, fork, cockpit etc. from my previous bike and splashed out more than I intended to on the frame,  wheels and tyres… but it fits like a glove, and is exactly what I need out of a bike.

More details to follow.

Congrats, she looks good.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Super Sywurm said:

IMG_20211002_102457_093.webp

such a good looking thing in white imo. the black frame should have come with gloss black branding...black on black. 

Edited by MORNE

• 1 month later...
On 5/17/2021 at 12:07 PM, Stretched@Birth said:

Finally managed to complete my build yesterday, have just been up and down the road with it to see that everything works as it should, will take it out for a proper ride on Saturday.

Tried to keep the costs down, though bike bits have become very expensive (when available), had to beg, borrow and steal off my other bikes to get it done.  Thanks to friends in high places, I could source everything I needed in times when stock availability has been a mission (apparently the rims are 1 of the last 2 pairs of Spank rims available in the country).

Learnt some new stuff along the way, like lacing rims and hubs.  Now to ride it...!

Rapide_Tigre.jpeg

Stolen out of my garage in the early hours of this morning ????

https://forum.bikehub.co.za/topic/190279-stolen-rapide’-tigre-brackenhurst/

2 hours ago, Stretched@Birth said:

Stolen out of my garage in the early hours of this morning ????

https://forum.bikehub.co.za/topic/190279-stolen-rapide’-tigre-brackenhurst/

Thats a very unique bike, hope you get it back !

Edit:  Brackenhurst is way too close for comfort, I'm in New Redruth.  How did the bliksems get into your garage?

Edited by TheoG

2 hours ago, TheoG said:

Thats a very unique bike, hope you get it back !

Edit:  Brackenhurst is way too close for comfort, I'm in New Redruth.  How did the bliksems get into your garage?

I lock the door from inside with steel rods, they stuck a gwala under the door and bent the bottom half of the door up, out of the rails. Saw the bliksem doing it, banged on the window (breaking it in the process), shouted at him, he still grabbed the bike and ran. Car waiting in the road and they sped off. 

Just now, Stretched@Birth said:

I lock the door from inside with steel rods, they stuck a gwala under the door and bent the bottom half of the door up, out of the rails. Saw the bliksem doing it, banged on the window (breaking it in the process), shouted at him, he still grabbed the bike and ran. Car waiting in the road and they sped off. 

FFS !!!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How would this do on a stage race like Sani2C, compared to a DS.

Did Sani on a Trek Top Fuel DS last year, but prefer my HT for weekend riding.

Would this be more tiring over 3 days than a DS, keeping in mind that day 2 still scares me a little.

12 hours ago, Koos Likkewaan said:

Would this be more tiring over 3 days than a DS, keeping in mind that day 2 still scares me a little.

I think so yes , The DS will leave you more comfortable and capable at the end of A long day than the HT will and that is the most important thing at stage races IMO 

4 hours ago, Koos Likkewaan said:

I ride a Tigre and if i ever get the chance, I would definitely give a proper stage race a go.  I don't say it better than a dual susp bike, but the bike is comfortable and it would be hell of a lot of fun! 

Edited by Super Sywurm
Spelling

13 hours ago, Koos Likkewaan said:

If there is a stage race to do in a hardtail it is Sani2C. Those trails are manicured to perfection. 

9 hours ago, Steady Spin said:

Itching to build one but my spare parts bin is very very empty and so is my bank account. 

You are missing out on a breat build.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

quick question to al the rapide riders, I am currently riding xc carbon hardtail which is on its last leg, been looking at the tigre frames, not racing anymore and not doing any events more then 100km. Just riding and having fun, xco's and stuff. Been enjoing the lightness of the carbon, will the extra 2kg on the steel frames be very much noticeable?