Purchasing GARMIN Venu SQ

PSYCHOsmurfZA

Yeah those would be your ranges I also had a good look last night. I have not looked at the polar watches maybe because I've been using Garmin for so long.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First impressions, damn this watch is sexy as hell and so comfy on the wrist.

The array of sensors are amazing since i came from a vivoactive that had niks, nada flipol.

The pulse OX is phenomenal, i suffer from heavy asthma so last night just after 9pm my blood oxygen was low and it immediately took me into a respiratory exercise in order to get my oxygen back up.

The display is freaking gorgeous just wow.

Garmin pay is a huge plus since i already use samsung pay its just more convenience on my wrist.

Ive received a ton of system and software updates so far, obviously its their latest tech so they will push a ton in the first couple of months.

Im hoping to take it out riding this weekend for some more feedback..

Thank you for showing interest

The array of sensors are amazing since i came from a vivoactive that had niks, nada flipol.

The pulse OX is phenomenal, i suffer from heavy asthma so last night just after 9pm my blood oxygen was low and it immediately took me into a respiratory exercise in order to get my oxygen back up.

Garmin pay is a huge plus since i already use samsung pay its just more convenience on my wrist.

Ive received a ton of system and software updates so far, obviously its their latest tech so they will push a ton in the first couple of months.

Great to hear!

My girlfriend's arrived today and she immediately loved it. Need to set it up properly then also go ride tomorrow!

Little tip on GarminPay  (you may know this already) .... Press the buttons to get into GarminPay, enter you phone pin number, then exit .... Garmin pay is now on the ready for the next 24 hours, OR until you remove the watch from your wrist.  So when you get to the shop, press the button, and pay - no entering the phone pin where anybody can see you.  I typically do it in the car, or somewhere in an isle before going to the tills.

ENJOY  :thumbup:

Little tip on GarminPay (you may know this already) .... Press the buttons to get into GarminPay, enter you phone pin number, then exit .... Garmin pay is now on the ready for the next 24 hours, OR until you remove the watch from your wrist. So when you get to the shop, press the button, and pay - no entering the phone pin where anybody can see you. I typically do it in the car, or somewhere in an isle before going to the tills.

ENJOY [emoji106]

Thanks for that info i will most certainly do it like that as Samsung pay obviously works via biometrics.

• 2 months later...

Still happy? My toppie wants to pull the trigger on the Venue SQ. He is retiring his vivoactive 3.

Great to hear!

My girlfriend's arrived today and she immediately loved it. Need to set it up properly then also go ride tomorrow!

Your GF happy with the Venue SQ?

Edited by Long Wheel Base

Your GF happy with the Venue SQ?

She definitely is, but she is not really using it as often as I hoped. It is a bit of a battle to get her into fitness/exercise.

She definitely is, but she is not really using it as often as I hoped. It is a bit of a battle to get her into fitness/exercise.

LOL I hear you.

My toppie wants one and currently has a vivoactive 3. It seems to tick all his boxes but he was just wanting to know if other users were happy.

Still happy? My toppie wants to pull the trigger on the Venue SQ. He is retiring his vivoactive 3.

Still very happy with it, i've used it for swimming, cycling and running without issues.

In the beginning i struggled with GPS signal but then i read up regarding it and it was a simple fix, just had to record GPS sat positions and after that it saved and finds GPS in a heartbeat now.

My biggest gripe which is not really an issue but an annoyance is that it wont track my sleep every night so have to add it manually, the sleep data is saved just doesnt appear.

Dont forget i came from a vivoactive 1 which was 6 years old so a huge improvement for me, but i would recommend anyone to get the watch if they are in the market for it.

Still very happy with it, i've used it for swimming, cycling and running without issues.

In the beginning i struggled with GPS signal but then i read up regarding it and it was a simple fix, just had to record GPS sat positions and after that it saved and finds GPS in a heartbeat now.

My biggest gripe which is not really an issue but an annoyance is that it wont track my sleep every night so have to add it manually, the sleep data is saved just doesnt appear.

Dont forget i came from a vivoactive 1 which was 6 years old so a huge improvement for me, but i would recommend anyone to get the watch if they are in the market for it.

Thanks man.

R2579.40 on multiply. He is ordering it now.

Absolute bargain, i got mine for R2699 also through Multiply if i remember correctly.

And delivery was quick.

Ja it's over R4k from Garmin. 40% discount and he has plenty money in his multiply money card so it's win win.

Thanks man.

R2579.40 on multiply. He is ordering it now.

That is a GOOD price .... comparing it to the VivoActive 4.

Seems to tick most of the same boxes ....

Really sounds like a very nice watch !!

That is a GOOD price .... comparing it to the VivoActive 4.

Seems to tick most of the same boxes ....

Really sounds like a very nice watch !!

40% discount on multiply site for private club. Definitely seems like a good deal. He has ordered it already. Should arrive next week sometime. I will probably send you a message about Garmin pay sometime as you seem to know a bit about it.