Boosting adverts, help needed

Daniel Silva

Is it worth boosting my adverts ? I’m trying to sell my bike ASAP and the only people getting back to me either wasting my time or they are interested and then organize to come view the bike and never pitch up.

Daniel this bike is aimed at a very small nice market ....

The modern trend is for adults to buy 29'' bikes.

With a young rider in the family we currently have two 26'' bikes .... at 9 years old a 26er with am extra small frame works very nice !!

The other 26er is a medium, with a similar top tube hight .... fact is that many riders then rather opt for a 29er with an XS frame ....

Yes, there is that odd person looking for that size 26er .... but not many.

As for price .... end last year we bought the small 26er for about R7k brand new, already with a x1 setup. .... granted, prices have gone wild over lockdown ....

Pre lockdown I would have said advertise it for R5k, and be happy if you get close to R4k ....

I would break it up and sell off the parts, you will get closer to your asking price, but there is more PT there.

comments like: 'please, no time wasters' don't help.

It either puts people off (like me, I won't contact a person who says that), or some people will just contact you to waste your time to get a kick out of it

Put it on FB Marketplace - I been selling lots of cycling stuff these last few months on both Marketplace and here on the Hub.

the Hub resulted in 1 sale and lots of timewasters - Everything else went very quick on marketplace 

In fact i don't bother anymore trying to sell stuff on Bikehub

Unfortunately ChrisF got it spot on.  Although it is still a nice bike, that is the sad truth.

Put it on FB Marketplace - I been selling lots of cycling stuff these last few months on both Marketplace and here on the Hub.

the Hub resulted in 1 sale and lots of timewasters - Everything else went very quick on marketplace 

In fact i don't bother anymore trying to sell stuff on Bikehub

Exactly what the gent said that sold my bike and few other items for me ..... He hardly use the Hub anymore....

Daniel a google search shows your bike is competing against these ...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.eaglecanyoncycles.co.za/2015/product/titan-hades-24-9r/&ved=2ahUKEwjd0IPu3q_tAhVypHEKHePWBEwQFjACegQIDBAB&usg=AOvVaw1L3FUPTWBGLDhlpBDGVRS-&cshid=1606927378552

Your bike may well have a lighter frame, possibly even a beter fork ...

Best of luck with the sale.

Bikes are a bit like cars, no matter how much we see the value of it, and the parts. Sometimes it's just not appreciated by others in the same way unfortunately.

Have you tried pricing up the parts to see if it comes close to the price you're looking for? Sometimes it may even be the better option, even if we don't want to take it all apart  :thumbup:

Exactly what the gent said that sold my bike and few other items for me ..... He hardly use the Hub anymore....

Because everyone on the Hub is an expert and knows prices are excessive here in Hub Land. On the other platforms people are less informed and more likely to accept a higher purchase price

Edited by sirmoun10goat