No tokens installed.

Set to 25% sag

Shock

50% Rebound

3 clicks LSC

Set to  30% sag

Fork is the 2020 Pike Ultimate RC2 2.1 Charger Damper

Shock is 2018 Super Deluxe

The problem I'm experiencing is the bike starts feeling like wood when the terrain gets fast and rough. Imagine braking bumps on a long strip or the two fast twisty downhills in the cradle. 

A trail like Red Barn that is mostly flat with jumps and smooth berms is perfect since you don't need small and medium bump compliance. 

Both fork and shock is set 100% in terms of sag but I'm not using the full travel on the fork, even on bigger hits. 

50h service is coming up for the fork soon. 

Settings are from wide open.

I’ll try the service first and if that doesn’t work out ill consider the bushing fix. Worried about warranty if someone fiddles with it.

Settings are from wide open.

I’ll try the service first and if that doesn’t work out ill consider the bushing fix. Worried about warranty if someone fiddles with it.

My Lyrik felt like that. Had some air in the wrong places. I also now ride with my HPC and LSC completely open. Feels lekker to me.

Definitely not a stiff bushing issue. It’s a setup issue.

Deflated the fork and it’s smooth throughout the compression and rebound stroke.

My Lyrik felt like that. Had some air in the wrong places. I also now ride with my HPC and LSC completely open. Feels lekker to me.

Lekker. Will see how it goes after the service. I remember my Lyrik feeling like this after not servicing it for about 4 years while the bike was hardly used. After the service it was like butter.

I remember reading that most forks are not filled correctly from the factory which can cause issues.

Only way to know for sure is to strip the fork, remove the seals, air shaft and damper and then see if the CSU falls into the lowers on their own or if they get stuck. Cycling them through the stroke whilst deflated is not going to tell you anything

I’m 100% sure the bushings are fine dude. The fork is smooth. The issue was also only on early model Pikes. Not on the 2020 models.

Fork serviced. Problem solved. 

The fork was practically dry inside after 55 hours and the oil that was in there was thick and dark. Foam rings at the top were brown and dry. 

15 minutes well spent.