Crankbrother eggbeaters

Daniel Silva

Hi guys, I need some help.

I am going to be running crankbrother egg beater peddles on my bike and with crankbrother you need those special cleats, does anybody know where I can find them at a good price ?

Depends where you are but up here in Gauteng the cheapest price is Solomon's Cycles. I used to run Eggbeaters and they were fantastic but they simply wear too quickly and I switched to Shimano.

Dis you not get a set with the pedals? I use eggbeaters, they need quite a bit of servicing but are excellent pedals. Good choice.

No I’m getting a pair from a mate of mine, he never installed then when he bought them and lost the cleats.

I hear they good peddles so I’m keen to give them a try

No I’m getting a pair from a mate of mine, he never installed then when he bought them and lost the cleats.

I hear they good peddles so I’m keen to give them a try[/quote

They are good. Do you know the model? Cleats are quite pricey because as far as I know there are no knockoff brands. In my opinion the best pedals out there.

They are the egg beater 1

I recommend the easy release cleats for XC, the normal ones take too much angle to unclip in my opinion, they were fine for enduro, but when you pedal uphill through a rockgarden you want to be able to unclip easily if you come to a stop.

They cost an arm though https://www.cyclelab.com/product/crank-brothers-easy-release-cleat-kit

Yeah so far the the price range from around R350 and up for these things, but thanks will look around

Depends where you are but up here in Gauteng the cheapest price is Solomon's Cycles. I used to run Eggbeaters and they were fantastic but they simply wear too quickly and I switched to Shimano.

How much are they there ?

Cleats are an issue cause only the brass ones are available and they wear out fairly quickly if you cycle a lot

If someone would start making ones out of steel or whatever concoction Shimano uses for their cleats I would switch back to cranckbrothers

The patent on crankbro's cleats must have run out years ago

So Im really at a loss for why their aren't aftermarket ones available

That's what they cost.

Yip the retal price range is between R340 to R370.

Cleat inlcude the washer screws and the plastic sole protectors. Budget for the stainless steel shoe sheilds with a set of cleats so that doubles the price

Hi guys, I need some help.

I am going to be running crankbrother egg beater peddles on my bike and with crankbrother you need those special cleats, does anybody know where I can find them at a good price ?

I have a set for you,they are virtually brand new. I switched over to look x-tracks soon after I bought new cleats and haven't looked back.

I have a set for you,they are virtually brand new. I switched over to look x-tracks soon after I bought new cleats and haven't looked back.

Ahh that would be perfect, I’ll get in touch with you. Thanks.

Would you be able to contact me on 0833966814, much appreciated man.