The "Goodbye 2020" Thread . . . .

Bonus

I'll start..

'I fart in your general generation! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!'

Still one of my favorite movies :)

2020 has been a rough year but it hasnt all been bad, more family time has been great for me.

Couldn't agree more, I've had more than enough of this year

I lost a very close friend, some family members and a beloved dog.

I got promoted, retrenched and promoted again. I said goodbye to some great colleagues.

and I had the virus which ****** all the fitness I built up during lockdown.

Sorry to hear Fanie. I hope whatever lies ahead for you is better.

My 2020 was actually one of my best years. We have a healthy and beautiful son, we bought a nice house and soon we will be leaving for Brunei to start our next adventure.

Hope 2021is a good year for everyone.

Covid forced me into retirement ( my son didn't want me in contact with our customers who come into our offices ) .As soon as we were allowed to train (5 km radius ) i started pushing hard . I was eventually up to 1200 km a month .My wife and i were really sticking to the restrictions put in place and felt very isolated but got on with life (lots of DIY ). My wife ended up with a pain in her spine which turned out to be  a cyst on  her spine and it had to be surgically removed ( hospital not a good place be be in during Covid ). I was doing all my training on tar on my MTB and wore out a rear tyre , so i managed to get a road bike to ride . I enjoyed that so much and was able to get my fitness up to a level that  i rode 100km in 3 hrs 14 min .with the Bicycle Line Saturday group . Next goal was a sub 3 hr but it was not to be . On the Tuesday i had a fall on same bad road and fractured my hip . The orthopedic surgeon told me a hip replacement was necessary .( now i was in hospital during Covid ) Once out my rehabilitation started and at week 6 i was allowed to spin and at week 9 was on my bike and getting some slow rides in . Im now fully mobile and getting back to the level of fitness i had before my fall . Bring on 2021 please this year has been rough on my family .

While 2020 wasn’t the best possible year, I have a lot to be thankful for, as well as a few sad moments, but mostly manageable.

Said goodbye to my Dad and my dog, but I have lots of good memories to look back on - so while they’re gone they aren’t forgotten.

Haven’t worked as hard as I have this year, but thankful that I never had to take a pay cut - even though the wife lost a lot of work due to her customers closing.

I’m still waiting for that quiet moment people talk about, by being in lockdown.

While 2020 wasn’t the best possible year, I have a lot to be thankful for, as well as a few sad moments, but mostly manageable.

Said goodbye to my Dad and my dog, but I have lots of good memories to look back on - so while they’re gone they aren’t forgotten.

Haven’t worked as hard as I have this year, but thankful that I never had to take a pay cut - even though the wife lost a lot of work due to her customers closing.

I’m still waiting for that quiet moment people talk about, by being in lockdown.

I'm sorry for your loss frosty. I also lost my dad and my cat.lets hope next year is a better one.

I'm sorry for your loss frosty. I also lost my dad and my cat.lets hope next year is a better one.

Likewise, sorry for your loss, but I guess it happens (eventually).

Likewise, sorry for your loss, but I guess it happens (eventually).

Phew!! lots of people are going through hard times.

Best wishes to you all

It’s never easy losing a close loved one or a pet, they say time is great healer but this bloody virus with all the follow on actions (lockdowns, home office etc...) is messing with everyone’s psyche one way or another.

My wife lost her mum a few months ago (not cv19 related), she was supposed to be here with us now for Xmas, so not surprisingly she is not really in the mood for Xmas this year.

Phew!! lots of people are going through hard times.

Best wishes to you all

It’s never easy losing a close loved one or a pet, they say time is great healer but this bloody virus with all the follow on actions (lockdowns, home office etc...) is messing with everyone’s psyche one way or another.

My wife lost her mum a few months ago (not cv19 related), she was supposed to be here with us now for Xmas, so not surprisingly she is not really in the mood for Xmas this year.

Shame Swiss - that sucks. Best wishes man.