Prince Albert Cycles - A big (Huge) heads up

Sepia

16 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Just check in with Arno, he is no longer "at the bottom" of Prince Albert.  Whole "complex" where he was closed down.

He is now in a white house half way up, same side as the hotel.

i know PA is not big enough to pose a huge problem, but thanks for the headsup

37 minutes ago, Underachiever said:

Enjoy the Groenfontein/Kruisrivier back roads on your way to the majestic hill!!!

there was me mistakenly thinking the day with swartberg pass would have th most climbing!!

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

@Prince Albert Cycles

Heads up that a bunch of cape boytjies are heading your way this week. doing a bike packing loop from calitzdorp and we should be in your store sometime friday morning, depending on how long that hill from the south takes us.

Hopefully with smiles and no major issues, but in case we're in a spot of mechanical trouble i think you're the only safe harbour for bike fixing so sending some good karma upfront.

Steve

You make me nervous brother…people hear Prince Albert has a shop and they expect a Cyclelab . But I will do my best this is boer maak n plan territory . Enjoy the Kruisrivier road . The surface of the Pass that side is super smooth but the gradient is unchanged ???? Be careful though when you go through the 1st water crossing this side the water hides a bad pothole. 

22 hours ago, Prince Albert Cycles said:

You make me nervous brother…people hear Prince Albert has a shop and they expect a Cyclelab . But I will do my best this is boer maak n plan territory . Enjoy the Kruisrivier road . The surface of the Pass that side is super smooth but the gradient is unchanged ???? Be careful though when you go through the 1st water crossing this side the water hides a bad pothole. 

Hey Arno

Your reference to Cyclelab needs a re-think... 

Methinks your shop gives much better service ????

While you are there, sommer buy a Prince Albert cycling shirt or two. Arno use the proceeds to help development riders. They are very stylish and comfortable (the shirts). I used mine for the first time at the CTCT and attracted a bit of attention from other Prince Albert lovers.  Great quality and value.

Edited by DJR

2 hours ago, DJR said:

While you are there, sommer buy a Prince Albert cycling shirt or two. Arno use the proceeds to help development riders. They are very stylish and comfortable (the shirts). I used mine for the first time at the CTCT and attracted a bit of attention from other Prince Albert lovers.  Great quality and value.

Pictures please!!!

4 hours ago, DJR said:

Got a report that you and 1 of your sons were riding CTCT with the shirts 

And if you can, take some spare parts and bits and bobs.

Arno gets the local kids involved in bike builds. The kids get to ride the bikes and learn how to service and maintain them. I loved seeing the kids riding around on bikes.

Met the Shebeen gang yesterday. Hope I will recognize them again when they are clean . Joking but Prince Albert and the Swartberg Pass had 100mm of rain the night before . Their spirits were high after crossing the Pass without incident . Thanks for dropping in guys.