36One MTB Challenge 2021

fanievb

On 5/10/2021 at 9:18 AM, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Make sure you finish early, the forecast on YR for Sat afternoon doesn't look very good at this stage :wacko:

He He...got caught in it

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was even tougher than I expected and I only did the 180. Kudo's to all those who tackled the full ride, I have the utmost respect for all of you but just shout if you need a reference for a good psychologist.

I enjoyed the Rooiberg stage but that Caltizdorp stage broke me in half. Thank God I found my legs with 30km's to go. My legs still feel broken.

Well done to Dryland on presenting a great event, I cannot fault anything.

21 hours ago, Dogs said:

Damn, forgot how tough some sections are...at least I got the t-shirt????

Had a long (lovely) day on the bike and got caught in the rain just after last WP, just added to the experience of making it a memorable ride.

At least the wind was kinder than last year, the tailwind on the uphill's helped.

This remains an awesome event.

Shout out to everyone that finished - the top finishers, much respect going at that pace for the entire race.

Until next year????

I think we might have been together a little bit. The rain got me on that long district road drag just before the tar. I was riding in black but my freind was in black and yellow. 

Anyone know where we can find the race photos? Got snapped a couple of time on route, but can’t find them.

19 minutes ago, Knersboy said:

Anyone know where we can find the race photos? Got snapped a couple of time on route, but can’t find them.

they usually link them on their vleisboek page

3 minutes ago, Knersboy said:

Thanks Fanie, that is then my problem, I don’t exist on vleisbook.

Why not?You can control what you see and all the organisers have a group where they post results,reports,pics,etc

• 3 months later...

MTB ordered, expecting delivery in December. 36One 2022 entered. This will be my first MTB race ???? 

Edit: I see this thread is for 2021. Time for 2022 thread?

Edited by GaryvdM

1 hour ago, copperhead said:

Your first mountain bike race is 36one? RESPECT. :thumbup:

Ha ha, to be fair, I've done lots of ultra distance on the road, and on gravel on a gravel bike. Looking forward to the comfort of full suspension.