99er Cycle Tour

bleedToWin

2 hours ago, WaldoZ said:

Still not sure how no one crashed with the motorbike in the middle of the intermediate sprint šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I was fumingā€¦ all that work to stay in the front for 5km to end up stuck behind the motorbike

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, babse said:

Checked results earlierĀ 

Crazy to see 100+ okes in 1 bunch for ride with zilch road closuresĀ 

And the % group were less than 50

šŸ¤”

Personally know 3 people seeded in % who talked themselves into $ at registration, must have been loads of others as well. Seems not particularly hard to do that nowadays.

54 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Personally know 3 people seeded in % who talked themselves into $ at registration, must have been loads of others as well. Seems not particularly hard to do that nowadays.

As long as you have a race license, you can technically jump up if youā€™re seeded for % to $.Ā 
Ā 

this counts for the @ seeds for CTCT too.

12 hours ago, Mamil said:

Ja it didn't feel like the safest race.

In the middle split of E I was in we didn't see a single.mobile marshal. Some close passes from vehicles. Love these events but the risks are real.

In the marshals defense and event organizers defense, Traffic Services were doing a terrible job. I was right at the back in group GS but roads were barely closed from traffic. The traffic cops were getting screamed at by the marshals to close off all the circles and they were just standing around having fat chats.

We started over taking cars in the incoming lane in Durbanville, we were all most taken out at a few circles because cars were flowing normally and then when we turned to Fisantekraal, we had to dodge cars and 1 oak in an Audi Q5 all most hit us while we were turning.

Tons of close calls along the route though

4 hours ago, Daniel Amos said:

In the marshals defense and event organizers defense, Traffic Services were doing a terrible job. I was right at the back in group GS but roads were barely closed from traffic. The traffic cops were getting screamed at by the marshals to close off all the circles and they were just standing around having fat chats.

We started over taking cars in the incoming lane in Durbanville, we were all most taken out at a few circles because cars were flowing normally and then when we turned to Fisantekraal, we had to dodge cars and 1 oak in an Audi Q5 all most hit us while we were turning.

Tons of close calls along the route though

Ā 

Safety was a bit of an eyebrow raising thing. We were nearly taken out by a few cars/trucks. And the flipping idiot at on of the single lane bridges who purposefully opened his driver's door to impede oncoming cyclists. Super dangerous and selfish behavior!Ā 

1 hour ago, Kimikaze said:

For those who did 99er to improve CTCT seeding šŸ˜…

IMG-20220213-WA0002.jpg

Now we just have to see how long racetec takes to update the seedings...Ā 

Fact isā€¦.id like a #2 on my back for bragging rights after 99er, but the reality is iā€™ll be starting CTCT in 8+ with the wife and her friends anywayā€¦so meh

2 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

this is a proper effort LOLĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Welcome back!!

Ā 

On 2/12/2022 at 1:26 PM, droo said:

This didn't age well...Ā 

1831872690_Screenshot_20220212-1229142.png.c57c460857be511afd810317273e9a2e.png

I forgot I wanted to say:

With that effortā€¦.yes your lungs and legs are/were probably hurting but atleast you now know your heart wont explode any time soonšŸ˜…

16 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

this is a proper effort LOLĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Welcome back!!

Welcome back... from the dead? Thanks, that's what a 100km ITT from a half-fit MTBer looks like. On a road bike, fortunately. Also new to the Garmin thing, so HR zones still need some calibrating.

Ā 

14 hours ago, MORNE said:

Ā 

I forgot I wanted to say:

With that effortā€¦.yes your lungs and legs are/were probably hurting but atleast you now know your heart wont explode any time soonšŸ˜…

If it was going to pop, it probably would have done it on Saturday. Lungs were fine, just the legs that need work.

On 2/12/2022 at 6:22 PM, babse said:

Checked results earlierĀ 

Crazy to see 100+ okes in 1 bunch for ride with zilch road closuresĀ 

And the % group were less than 50

šŸ¤”

The old Hyper to Hyper Fast one up here used to be like that. 50 - 100 guys in a group cruising at 40km/h and up.

Still my best time for a 100km event at 2h47, only 15minutes shy of the winning time that day.

But I'm older now and there is no way I can wheelsuck at those speeds in big groups like that anymore. Add to the fact that the roads were not in the best shape then either.