BMC TeamElite 01 Carbon spotted on FB

AndrewF

What is it that makes it look suspect?  I'd say it's priced correctly for what is a six or seven year old bike.  The ad also lists the specs properly.
Doesn't look at all dodgy to me.

Good photos - Check

Specs listed - Check 

Realistic price - Check

Seller has a legit looking FB profile - Check 

A stolen bike would have been listed at R5000+- to make a quick sale.

Nobody wants to sit on stolen goods for long.

Jack Bruwer uses fb 90% of the time to sell his bikes. I think it's a great platform for people who are not on bikehub to buy what they want. So there's nothing dodgy about marketplace to me.

Jack Bruwer uses fb 90% of the time to sell his bikes. I think it's a great platform for people who are not on bikehub to buy what they want. So there's nothing dodgy about marketplace to me.

I will disagree. Marketplace is dodgy, but not everything on Marketplace is dodgy.

I don't know who Jack Bruwer is, but just because he uses it, doesn't mean that it gets a clean bill of health from me.

I personally think any and most open market places are dodgy. I treat everyone as though they are a scammer and I am pleasantly surprised when they are not

I will disagree. Marketplace is dodgy, but not everything on Marketplace is dodgy.

I don't know who Jack Bruwer is, but just because he uses it, doesn't mean that it gets a clean bill of health from me.

I personally think any and most open market places are dodgy. I treat everyone as though they are a scammer and I am pleasantly surprised when they are not[/quote

You have a point, but the point of the argument is the op accusing the seller of being suspect when there is no reason to.

I personally think any and most open market places are dodgy. I treat everyone as though they are a scammer and I am pleasantly surprised when they are not[/quote

You have a point, but the point of the argument is the op accusing the seller of being suspect when there is no reason to.

Absolutely. Which is why I replied specifically to the guy with 2 posts.

I don't think that ad is dodgy, but the guy said   So there's nothing dodgy about marketplace to me. 

I'm merely saying that there is..... sorry if it's off topic