Stand-up

Delarey

I love stand-up comedy and in particular intelligent/offensive/controversial comedy. I’ve shared some of my favourites on other threads before (Burr, Chappelle, C.K.), so let me open with a lesser known one (Steve Hughes). This one is almost 10 years old and still as relevant as ever.

Really hope to discover some hidden gems here before the whole thing is shut down all together.

https://youtu.be/60VUtxmN1IE

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love stand-up comedy and in particular intelligent/offensive/controversial comedy. I’ve shared some of my favourites on other threads before (Burr, Chappelle, C.K.), so let me open with a lesser known one (Steve Hughes). This one is almost 10 years old and still as relevant as ever.

Really hope to discover some hidden gems here before the whole thing is shut down all together.

https://youtu.be/60VUtxmN1IE

Steve is great, one of his best: “straight it’s the new gay”

https://youtu.be/6xxiK6Z4eXs

If you like them (all the ones you listed are great!) you might also enjoy Jim Norton, abs a bit more British and one of my favourite Sean Locke

Working my way through the Seinfeld series while working. Kramer absolutely cracks me up!

When I watched it in the 90’s Kramer was my favourite character, but over the years it has changed to George. My YouTube feed keeps feeding me a constant stream of short Seinfeld clips and they still crack me up. One of my favourite George scenes:

https://youtu.be/Vj32JZzG80Y

Some of the ones I've been listening to recently:

Hannibal Buress

Tammy Pescatelli

Monique Marvez

Brian Reagan

Natasha Leggero

Felicia Michaels

Iliza Shlesinger

Kristin Key

Whitney Cummings - never used to enjoy her, but she's gotten better or I've changed...

Andi Smith

David Cross

Brian Posehn

That's from recent playlists I used last month for riding. I mostly listen to standup or an audio book whilst riding.

Edited by TNT1

Dylan Moran is my favourite

Followed by Daniel Tosh

John Mulaney 

Tom Segura

Matthew Broussard

...of course Dave Chappelle, Bill Burr, Billy Connolly, Ricky Gervais, George Carlin, Michael McIntyre are all good for a laugh. Problem is we watch most of the comedy shows when we're high, so everything is at least 3 times funnier. 

Steve is great, one of his best: “straight it’s the new gay”

If you like them (all the ones you listed are great!) you might also enjoy Jim Norton, abs a bit more British and one of my favourite Sean Locke

I like Jim Norton a lot. More so his podcast than his stand-up though. The Jim and Sam podcast is one of my favourites. He has a self deprecating honesty that is quite contagious and puts his guests at ease. You can tell when people are having fun on a podcast.

I like Jim Norton a lot. More so his podcast than his stand-up though. The Jim and Sam podcast is one of my favourites. He has a self deprecating honesty that is quite contagious and puts his guests at ease. You can tell when people are having fun on a podcast.

Havent listened to it, will give it a go.

Burr's solo podcast rants, are my go to for laughs.

Bill on Conan is always a hoot.

There are a few I enjoy (specifically the Would I Lie To You crowd), but honestly after Bill Hicks I've never found anyone who has had the same profound impact on me.

The two "team leads"? 

Havent listened to it, will give it a go.

Burr's solo podcast rants, are my go to for laughs.

Bill on Conan is always a hoot.

I love Bill Burr. It annoys my wife endlessly because he swears so much and does not exactly mince his words towards women. Those Conan bits keeps popping up on my Youtube feed and I keep watching them. Cracks me up every time. Especially the one about Caitlyn Jenner and the one about Oprah interviewing Lance Armstrong.

Another regular Conan (and Letterman) guest I love is Norm McDonald. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but I think he is genius. Fellow comedians all rate him very high.

Edited by Delarey

Yes, but also their guests. It's usually the same crowd on QI, Mock The Week, etc...

Those shows are great. 8 out of 10 Cats also has those people frequenting their show.

Its one of the shows where side splitting laughing happens a lot.

People that I started watching from seeing them on those shows:

James Acaster

Romesh Ranganathan

Both do brilliant Stand ups too!

Edited by Patchelicious

I love Bill Burr. It annoys my wife endlessly because he swears so much and does not exactly mince his words towards women. Those Conan bits keeps popping up on my Youtube feed and I keep watching them. Cracks me up every time. Especially the one about Caitlyn Jenner and the one about Oprah interviewing Lance Armstrong.

Another regular Conan (and Letterman) guest I love is Norm McDonald. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but I think he is genius. Fellow comedians all rate him very high.

As much as my wife hates Bill Burr, she struggles to argue with his point that women have complex, multi-tasking brains and men have simple brains and that it annoys her that I can find so much contentment in just watching rugby games all day :ph34r:

Bill Burr at his best:

https://youtu.be/FWhZ2XS08aQ

Edited by Delarey