CamelBak Warranty SA

Mojoman

So I bought a new Lobo 3 years ago...I noticed this morning all the stitching for the straps on one side has all come apart....anyone done a warranty claim from Camelbak? I have the receipt, bought from CW Cycles...
Bit miff as the previous lobo lasted about 7 years...only stopped using it as something (tyre lever I think( had rubbed a hole into the bottom of it...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I bought a new Lobo 3 years ago...I noticed this morning all the stitching for the straps on one side has all come apart....anyone done a warranty claim from Camelbak? I have the receipt, bought from CW Cycles...

Bit miff as the previous lobo lasted about 7 years...only stopped using it as something (tyre lever I think( had rubbed a hole into the bottom of it...

Buy a mule next if you plan on staying with them.

I know a guy who has one that might be older than I am and except for the stains it's practically in perfect condition

as far as I am aware it is only the bladder with lifetime warranty. Considering I have had 2 bladders replaced after 8 years I would say it is a good warranty. 

Im not too sure...I was under the impression the whole lot is covered? But ja...lets see...

If its not thats not the end of the world...I will just have to find someone savvy with a sewing machine but thats not too many people in my town..... :mellow:

Does CamelBak have a lifetime warranty?
The Got Your Bak™ Lifetime Guarantee covers all reservoirs, backpacks, bottles and accessories from manufacturing defects* in materials and workmanship for the lifetime** of the product. CamelBak will repair or replace at its discretion any manufacturing defect in these products free of charge.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/184693-camelbak-woes/

This is my experience. 

I still don't know why the straps broke and haven;t used the bag since so I'm in the unusual situation of having a 5 year old bag which has hardly been used and yet the straps almost literally fell apart. One even broke as I had the Camelbak slung over my shoulder while walking into Sportsmanswarehouse.

I have to say the agent took the bag for examination and had the straps replaced for me for no charge and although I have not used it since then I expect it to be OK now..

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/184693-camelbak-woes/

This is my experience. 

I still don't know why the straps broke and haven;t used the bag since so I'm in the unusual situation of having a 5 year old bag which has hardly been used and yet the straps almost literally fell apart. One even broke as I had the Camelbak slung over my shoulder while walking into Sportsmanswarehouse.

I have to say the agent took the bag for examination and had the straps replaced for me for no charge and although I have not used it since then I expect it to be OK now..

Thanks, aside from tools and my phone I don't actually really use it for water unless I am on a major long ride, so no real weight...At home its just put on the floor behind the bikes....the old one was frequently abused but that stood up well...I think what's happened is the stitching wasn't finished off correctly or glued down or whatever and over time its just pulled apart until its pretty much given up the ghost now...its not something you actually notice till its too late and the damage is complete...

In my case it was the straps themselves which snapped, not the stitching. There was speculation that it was exposure to sun or rot due to leaving it stored while damp etc but neither of those conditions were true so it's still an open question.

The agent never got back to me on what the cause was so I don't know and as I said, they had the straps repaired. I note that the repair used different material for the straps so I hope it will last.

Buy a mule next if you plan on staying with them.

I know a guy who has one that might be older than I am and except for the stains it's practically in perfect condition

I can concur. I have a mule that is 13 years old. Its still perfect with the original bladder. Just had to replace the bite valve a few times.

I am a mountain biker and I go nowhere on my bike with the Mule for more than 10 years now. Even the zips are okay as long as I move them around every now and then. Bladder is good, casing is good and the bite valve needs replacement. It is not the most comfortable mass to carry around, but the comfort comes with all the accessories I think I need to carry. 

Cape Cycle Systems is the distributor.

Did you wash the backpack with anything that has a Velcro closure by any chance? Noticeable by the fluffy material on the straps themselves or is this a straight case of stitching coming undone?

If the the latter they can/may get it repaired. If its in an inaccessible area of the webbing then they'll replace the damaged part.